What hunt doesn’t interest you?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Black bear over bait. Anything behind fences. Rifle hunting doesn’t float my boat in the least. Exotic crap running around Texas, not interested. Pigs are boring unless I am running them with Hounds.
Pig hunting is boring, but damn they are good eating.

bdg848

WKR
The last few years I have been struggling to get the motivation to go sit in a tree stand for 6 hours staring at the same cut field to kill a whitetail...This year I my German Shorthaired Pointer really started figuring the game out on pheasants and so I didn't spend a single minute in a deer stand this season and I don't regret it at all....except that I wasted my money on deer tags that never got used. Next year I'm not buying one single tag. Spot and stalk deer hunting is a different story but we don't do that here.

I have no interest in shooting/eating the following:

-squirrels (rodent stigma I wish I could overcome)
-rabbits (see above)
-bears (have eaten, meh)
-any wholesale killing (rifle hogs, prairie dogs, etc)
-Africa (I could possibly be persuaded)
-Manatees
-Bald Eagles

I generally don’t have an interest in a fully guided hunt where I’m just being a trigger man. I feel the same way with fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard from multiple people that you cannot eat better than a manatee. People that grew up poor down there so I believe them. Not saying it has a big appeal from the hunt aspect but if they were more populated I'd love to try a steak.

I really am not interested in whitetail deer hunting anymore. I used to be crazy about it but now I have my dogs. This was the first year I didn't deer hunt in probably 28 years.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I really can't belive how many people don't find a thrill in chasing birds. For me there is a lot of walking and some running to get into position, the call and response aspect, NOT having to sit still until you're within 100 yards and they're coming in, picking up your whole setup and sprinting 1/4 mile to get back in front of them, a gobble shaking your chest because he came in silent and is now 15 yards behind you. I know everybody's got their thing but this is just really surprising.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
Anything in Africa I have ZERO interest in hunting. Not sure why either, just never liked it. I would LOVE to go to Africa and travel, maybe a safari, if it was safe.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
Anything in Africa I have ZERO interest in hunting. Not sure why either, just never liked it. I would LOVE to go to Africa and travel, maybe a safari, if it was safe.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I feel you. I think I figured out for me that if locating and killing the animal isn’t the hard part I can’t get excited about it. Travel and trophy transport are the hard part of an Africa hunt. Similarly, packing it out is the hard part of a moose hunt. At least CO style moose hunting. It doesn’t do it for me either.

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
Any high fence.

Wolves and coyotes because they look like dogs.

Africa

Ducks because I own ducks now

Any of the exotics in Texas

Musk ox

Alligators but I’ll eat it if it’s handed to me

Prairie dogs because they’re little too cute

That's a new one on me. Any particular reason? Best eating big game I ever had.

I’ve seen several folks on here mention elk, and that surprises me too. I’ve never been elk hunting, but I’ve been fortunate enough to have eaten it on numerous occasions, and it is definitely wonderful table fair. The one hunt that I’ve always dreamed of doing is a high country rocky mountain elk hunt with pack horses, wall tents, etc.

I’ve seen several folks on here mention elk, and that surprises me too. I’ve never been elk hunting, but I’ve been fortunate enough to have eaten it on numerous occasions, and it is definitely wonderful table fair. The one hunt that I’ve always dreamed of doing is a high country rocky mountain elk hunt with pack horses, wall tents, etc.

MrRogers

FNG
Just doesn't get me fired up like big mature whitetail bucks do I guess. That opinion may change over time, though. I haven't hunted out west yet, but when I do it'll probably be for mule deer or antelope. Heck even a whitetail hunt in Montana or Wyoming would pretty freaking cool.

Falro

FNG
Just out of curiosity, what Hunt doesn’t interest you or wouldn’t you want to do? I don’t know if there’s any hunt I wouldn’t do, but anything high fence doesn’t do anything for me. The thought of hunting Africa also doesn’t do anything for me. I guess it just doesn’t seem like enough work. I feel accomplished when I have to put in time, energy, fuel, effort, knowledge, etc to hunt something. Hunting in Africa doesn’t seem like it would take much. Maybe the videos make it look to easy. I would do it if someone paid for me, but don’t think I could justify it even if I had the money laying around. So what hunt doesn’t interest you and why not?
Pig hunting has never been something I’d wanna do. I have buddies who travel 30 hours Just to shoot some pigs.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Just doesn't get me fired up like big mature whitetail bucks do I guess. That opinion may change over time, though. I haven't hunted out west yet, but when I do it'll probably be for mule deer or antelope. Heck even a whitetail hunt in Montana or Wyoming would pretty freaking cool.
Midwest white tail are hard to beat. Grew up in Wisconsin hunting white tail. I still go back in Oct. for grouse and deer if we work out the right timing.

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
Sometimes elk is on my list as well. I guess that's why I don't always apply for elk hunts.