What hunt doesn’t interest you?

Extrapale

WKR
Africa and bears. Not really interested in cats much either. I shoot bears and cats in Oregon given the chance, but I would not pay out of state fees to go after them.

I have been binge watching Billy Molls videos, and I would get a grizz tag if I was on a brooks range Sheep and Caribou hunt though.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
Went back and looked what I wrote and really haven’t changed would hunt pretty much anything any where. Getting a new dog 2 years ago and getting serious about training and testing waterfowl is my favorite by a wide margin. Which it always has been. If it wasn’t for going to see my brother don’t know that I would travel to elk hunt anymore since it’s prime waterfowl time.

Zappaman

WKR
Hunts that cost too much ;) -no interest. I hunt for meat and thankfully where I live I have plenty of opportunity to put said meat up! (I just quartered deer #4 today!).

I get the guide thing (and have used a few), but being a rancher since birth it seems to me that hunting has gone more towards guides that individual hunters-- especially out-of-state.

30 years ago my uncle paid $5k for a guided bull hunt in northern NM. He shot a 405 bull that year. The same year I put in for resident elk and pulled a bull tag for $85 (in the same state). I shot a 365 that year huting on my own, on public land. The family all "ribbed" old uncle Joe about his paying $4915 more than me back then ;)

When I got a seat on an African safari about 8 years back I was "all in"... until I learned we couldn't bring the meat back! (WTF?). I bowed out at that point. Just don't feel the need to "kill" more than the need to "eat" I guess. I am glad my buds went and got some amazing wall mounts, but just not my thing.

Last edited:

Wetwork

Lil-Rokslider
Bears, and African non-horned animals. I’m damn near anti hunting when it comes to Zebras Giraffes etc, not sure why.
Made me chuckle...musta been childrens books or sum such $hit. I'd want to hunt whoever shot a elephants or rino so no can do. I hate hippos tho so I'd pulg one of those no problem. Proly couldn't shoot a primate. Funny how there's a twist in all of us that puts something on the no go list.-WW

I've about had it with the Wisconsin gun deer season. The Zone A bear hunt over bait is really the most mind numbing experience I have possibly participated in, although with houndsmen is quite the thrill..

JjamesIII

WKR
Just out of curiosity, what Hunt doesn’t interest you or wouldn’t you want to do? I don’t know if there’s any hunt I wouldn’t do, but anything high fence doesn’t do anything for me. The thought of hunting Africa also doesn’t do anything for me. I guess it just doesn’t seem like enough work. I feel accomplished when I have to put in time, energy, fuel, effort, knowledge, etc to hunt something. Hunting in Africa doesn’t seem like it would take much. Maybe the videos make it look to easy. I would do it if someone paid for me, but don’t think I could justify it even if I had the money laying around. So what hunt doesn’t interest you and why not?
Those polar bear or musk ox hunts where they freeze their butts off and then ride a snowmobile right up to the animal and shoot it. The animal just stands staring at the hunter as he lines up for the shot. It be as interesting as shooting a side of beef hanging in a meat locker. I’m sure I’m simplifying it a bit, but the videos I’ve seen don’t really look like a good time.

JjamesIII

WKR
I’d add high fence as well- but that isn’t hunting. Shame on those that consider it anything more than an exotic farm animal.

There are a few maybe because I didn't grow up hunting those specific animals. But it would be duck's, antelope, gophers. I can't seem to shoot gophers anymore . .but my wife on the other hand will put a box or so out of her 7mm plinking at them.

Hunting bears over bait. Im not above it or against it just not my thing.
high Fence not my thing but not against them
alligator hunting isn’t my thing
I wouldn’t go to Africa because I can’t keep the meat as it’s not going to waste by any means. But I have no desire to ride around and shoot critters out of a truck.