What hunt doesn’t interest you?

Anything I cant draw with reasonable points or purchase OTC, doesn't interest me.

Also anything that "requires a guide" does not interest me.

If you can consistently kill a public land whitetail in NC, SC, GA, or FL you can kill anything anywhere.

I get where your going with this. And I agree. It is a different world in the east. But I dont know if I would say "Anything, Anywhere" lol

elkyinzer

WKR
Anything guided, being a triggerman isn't hunting to me. Africa or really anything overseas. Grizz, coyotes, or anything otherwise not edible or good to eat. Anything living in swamps. I dabble in turkeys but don't really get the appeal.

elkyinzer

WKR
The one species here in NA that I just simply do not understand is cous deer. I get it if you live down in their range I suppose, but it seems like every instafamous hunter out there gets really worked up over these tiny little whitetails I just do not get it at all!

The instayoutubefamous coues thing is just timing. It adds a season to make content into January when everything else is wrapping up.

WCB

WKR
Turkeys plain and simple...now I still hunt them because not a lot else to do this time of year...at least for 3 or 4 hours in morning.

I've heard people compare it to elk hunting...hahaha yeah besides calling them in and them being vocal, there is no comparison. A 25lb chicken with chest hair and some thumb tacks on its legs or a 800 lb animal with 300+ inches of bone on its head.

barkdevi

FNG
Just out of curiosity, what Hunt doesn’t interest you or wouldn’t you want to do? I don’t know if there’s any hunt I wouldn’t do, but anything high fence doesn’t do anything for me. The thought of hunting Africa also doesn’t do anything for me. I guess it just doesn’t seem like enough work. I feel accomplished when I have to put in time, energy, fuel, effort, knowledge, etc to hunt something. Hunting in Africa doesn’t seem like it would take much. Maybe the videos make it look to easy. I would do it if someone paid for me, but don’t think I could justify it even if I had the money laying around. So what hunt doesn’t interest you and why not?
I have never had any desire to hunt whitetail or anything in Africa.

KurtR

WKR
Eastern whitetail hunting is nothing like Texas. If you can consistently kill a public land whitetail in NC, SC, GA, or FL you can kill anything anywhere.

my brother just moved two years ago from NC to Idaho he killed a bunch of deer on public land in NC and nothing in Idaho in two seasons of hunting.

MWK3800

FNG
Racoons. Doesn't do it for me. And I have a blue tic coonhound rescue pet. I think coonhound training videos turned me off.

Midwestwaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
One thing that doesn’t interest me, and for a reason I can’t explain, is spring turkey with a bow. Not sure why, but it has zero apeal to me. I’d chase turkeys with a shotgun every day in the spring if I could, probably my favorite thing to do. But I can’t wrap my head around takin a bow out in the spring woods, in my mind it seems as sacrilegious as bass fishin when there’s crappie or bluegill to catch.

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
Africa, pronghorn, elk, anything with a rifle....I love gnarly white tails with a bow.

SonnyDay

WKR
Europe. Asia. Antarctica.

Depleted/stressed apex predators

Stuff that involves too much sitting around

Stuff that attracts A-holes

Skunks

Rented

it ain’t much of a hunt. Although not gonna lie there is a certain appeal after being on the back deck of a boat in the gulf of alaska/Bering for 6 months... lol

Jardo

WKR
Thats not what hunting deer "back east" is like... just Texas

I’ve hunted since I was 10 and I’ve never hunted East of NM or CO. The only hunting I know is western states mule deer, elk, antelope and such.

Hunting a whitetail on a property where you manage genes, plant their food, and set out a feeder to draw them in seems odd to me. Kinda like hunting my own cattle in my pasture.

Whatever floats their boat I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just don't understand the thrill of hunting zebra or giraffe or for that matter, a number of other African game, although if I was already there and an opportunity came up to "actually" hunt one of the antelope/deer species, I'd probably take it. I doubt I'll ever take a trip to Africa for the purpose of shooting things a PH tells me to shoot. But I've never hired a guide in my life either, so I guess that's part of it.

Same with high fences. If someone wants to shoot livestock behind a high fence, I don't understand it and couldn't care less. I'll never do it though.

Hunts in N. America I doubt I'll ever do are Bison, Griz, Muskox and some of the bird species like snipe and rails.

Sorry to see ducks and turkey listed by some folks because many of my most thrilling hunts over the years have been for those species.