What Glue For Victory Vap 95 Grain Inserts

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
You bet, I'll let you know. I ordered the exact epoxy & a doz stainless steel 95 grain inserts for my Vap's. What I've noticed when they pull out is the glues are still on the insert but the shafts perfectly clean inside. I wish I had a way to slightly score the inside so the glues would have something to root too. As of now I clean the heck out of them with alcohol. Thanks!

ElkNut
Paul, have you tried this epoxy yet and how is it holding up? I previously mentioned the HIT epoxy but now shooting broadheads and I am having inserts pull out in the targets.

nexus

FNG
AAE Max Impact insert glue (black). One small bead along the insert, rotate as you insert into the arrow shaft, wipe off excess, and let dry. I witness at least 500 Victory products a weekend being shot with this combination - all assembled by different folks. I can count on one hand the number of inserts that have been lost over the last year into carpet bails (fibers tend to catch everything). What I have found is that most insert glues should be stored in the refrigerator and not kept for more than 6 months. Those that are kept on a workbench start to volatilize some of the chemicals after a couple months; thus weakening the bond.

Reactions: Zac

gelton

WKR
I have been having inserts pull out as well with BE Rampage with HIT epoxy + broadheads. I have 2 IW heads stuck in my Sevr target right now...luckily I switched to solids this year so they were strictly for practice.

Going to give the golf epoxy a try.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Ok will have to keep that in mind, I just placed an order for the bohning insert iron

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been using that golf club epoxy that I mentioned in the thread for a few months now, and it's holding great in my RIP TKO's and Sirius Apollo's. Normally I unscrew my BH's from the back of the targets before pulling, but I forced a few back through yesterday and they held up great. They even went through my 3/4" plywood backstop and I pulled them back through that as well.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
That's pretty impressive, I have inserts coming out left and right with the hit epoxy and just a regular block target. I'm unscrewing the broadheads now but might have to look into that golf epoxy for a permanent fix

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Those of you shooting the half out inserts for the victory arrows, are you buying the colors that match up with your spine? For example I'm shooting 400 spine, according to the chart I need satin green. If there all .166 arrows why does it matter?

KMW

FNG
I use AAE max impact for my VAP TKO's w/ the victory 75 gr. ss/al half outs and have never lost an insert over several thousand shots at various targets, including bags. As stated above, make sure you are getting the correct color half out based on your spine.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I've been having alot of issues with pull outs. And after looking into it I need the greens..I just bought another 6 vap ss and told them just cut em not to put in the inserts, well the inserts they gave me were silvers. And the silvers were what they put in my first 6 I've been having problems with..... none the less I just ordered the correct ones and hopefully this issue will be resolved

nexus

FNG
I've been having alot of issues with pull outs. And after looking into it I need the greens..I just bought another 6 vap ss and told them just cut em not to put in the inserts, well the inserts they gave me were silvers. And the silvers were what they put in my first 6 I've been having problems with..... none the less I just ordered the correct ones and hopefully this issue will be resolved
If I am reading everything up to this point in the thread correctly, you are shooting 350 VAP SS and want to use the Victory Shok Taper Lock (TL) 95 grain outsert. The TL outsert for the VAP SS and a 350 spine arrow is silver. The model number for the outsert is ACISHOKVL95. All VAP SS 350 spine arrow sets (boxes fletched or unfletched) are shipped with a silver outsert. The weights are either 50, 75 or 95 grains - but all are silver for this model and spine arrow. Take a look at their online materials, there is not even a green outsert that fits the VAP SS. You may want to talk to your Victory dealer, something ain't right.

nexus

FNG
I shoot the vap ss 400 spine
Thank for the clarification on spine, here is the correct Part# ACISHOKVM95. These are a bronzish/brown color in the 2021 Victory Catalog. I called a friend at Victory and the color is actually a light brown color for most - but the anodizing was supposed to be a true green like the other lines. Thus, some batches are "more" green than others and some of the shops refer to them as green. Sounds like you got the correct outserts, good luck. I learn something everyday.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
From the charts I read the satin green fits the vap ss 400 spine, the satin brown fits the vap 400

GotDraw?

WKR
I recently began using a 22 caliber bronze bore brush to score the inside of standard diameter shafts before installing the inserts. A 17 caliber brush would probably work for micro diameter shafts.

Credit to @doncarpenter for the bore brush tip in a Rokslide post he made a while back on arrow building.
I use the same approach on my VAP shafts, with a bore bristle brush to score/abrade the inside of the shaft.

Then swab with a Q-tip with alcohol to clear the carbon powder. Let dry.

Mix and Apply JB weld with a Q-tip shaft to the inside of the shift and to the insert. Insert, while twisting 1/4 turn to ensure good epoxy bond between shaft and insert.

I have NEVER had an insert come out. 6 yrs. Thousands of shots.

JL

Last edited:

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Per Victory's website, you need part number ACVAPI234GY if you want a 34 gr aluminum "SHOK" insert or ACISHOKVM, -MS, or -MS95 if you want the longer/heavier "SHOK Taper Lock" version.
View attachment 319843
View attachment 319842
Thank you,that appears to be what I ordered today. Again, the shop that put the inserts in my first batch I had used the silvers. I just bought another half dozen vap ss and will put the correct ones in with some different epoxy and should see improvement