What gear are you replacing in 2021?

What gear are you guys replacing in 2021 and why? Here’s my list:

1.Kuiu Mountain Star. Great tent but someone stole mine. I’m thinking about getting a SO with stove.

2.) Meopta Meostar S2 82mm Spotter. It’s been a great spotter for me but it’s time to upgrade to the Swaro ATX.

3.) Manfrotto 128RC Fluid Head. Great head but it’s heavy.

4.) Black Diamond Storm Headlamp. It failed me on a pack out, not sure if the headlamp was to blame or the cold. It was about zero degrees. I just stated testing the Fenix HL60R.
Got a new MR Sawtooth 45 in green
Got a Marsupial Gear bino harness and range finder pouch.
New Altra boots.
Trying new non camo pants. Duluth and some hiking variety, cant recall brand.

STAGHOUND

FNG
I am replacing my tripod and tripod head which are both vanguard. I am replacing them with a sirui 004SK-US compact tripod and a promaster SPCH20 head.

Savage99

WKR
I am replacing my tripod and tripod head which are both vanguard. I am replacing them with a sirui 004SK-US compact tripod and a promaster SPCH20 head.

I just bought a 004SK, well... I bought the VA-5 combo on gohunt. I figured to buy the VA-5 with basically a free tripod for the price. Although I haven’t used it much, and it’s my first “real” tripod, I think I’m going to like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STAGHOUND

FNG
I just bought a 004SK, well... I bought the VA-5 combo on gohunt. I figured to buy the VA-5 with basically a free tripod for the price. Although I haven’t used it much, and it’s my first “real” tripod, I think I’m going to like it a lot.

Ya its a great tripod its light weight and sturdy. I bought the combo as well but I didn't have enough money so my dad made a deal with me that he would chip in as long as he got the VA-5 and he would give me the promaster SPCH20 head.

Well I just failed to have impulse control so I guess I just replaced my tripod setup. I'm letting my father have my Promaster tripod with an Outdoorsman pan head. I just ordered an RRS TFCT-34L, RRS Anvil-30 ball head, and a RRS Vyce mount for my new tripod setup. I can't wait to put hundreds of .22lr rounds downrange learning how to shoot off a tripod properly. It'll be a great learning experience and very useful for hunting.

Last edited:

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
Replaced the bow 2 days ago, picked up acouple pairs of Sitka pants and a jacket to try out. Gonna upgrade to a higher power binocular and get a scope to throw on the savage axis 308 I impulsed bought last fall.

Attachments

• IMG_20210601_133002966_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210601_133002966_HDR.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 38

madcalfe

WKR
I replaced my Christensen arms ridgeline with a fully custom gun
replaced my stone glacier sky talus 6900 for a kifaru hoodlum
only thing left to get is some leica geovids.

Looking to add
1 person light/ultralight tent
Tripod

and I just saw Kendall from Black Ovid say he always packs a hammock for napping, and it sounds like a pretty comfortable idea.

Brendan

WKR
No way I'm writing down everything - I don't want a reminder!

But, I'm trying to cut weight this year too where I can. Have a high country mule deer hunt that could be 10 days this year.

Going to try the BRS300T Stove / Jetboil Pot mentioned earlier in this thread as I currently use a MSR Reactor or Primus ETA Spider.

Continue to look for the perfect Bino Harness. I like Marsupial but hate the magnets. Stone Glacier looks too loud. May just use the Marsupial or go back to my tried and true AGC.

Maybe swap to Inreach Mini from an older SE to save a little space and weight.

Probably need a new battery pack, and see what the latest is on small solar panels, I have one that's 5 years old and guessing there may be something lighter / more efficient by now.

My Kifaru frame I switched from the normal stays to the curved. I think I've been battling for the perfect fit with the others.

Last edited:

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Vortex Razor HD 12x50 Binos
Vortex Razor 4000 Rangefinder
Swaro 10x42 Range EL w/TA

Replaced my old Savage 116 30-06 and Christiansen Mesa 6.5 CM with a custom defiance deviant XM with two barrels 6.5 PRC and 300 wsm. Loving the ability to run heavy high BC bullets in the PRC/WSM with the longer mag length of the XM action.

Added a Maven CS.1 15-45x65 spotting scope for hunting. Love the size and weight for carrying and optically was superior to my Vortex Viper HD. New gun.JPG

Rock-o

WKR
The following are not replacements.

1) Built an AR-15
2) Bought a Tract TORIC 4.5-30X56 34MM MRAD ELR

Last edited:

Skee7533

FNG
Switching to a Browning Hell's Canyon Speed in .270 win for most of my rifle hunting.

HNTR918

WKR
1) Replace Vortex SSP Tripod with Sirui VA-5 & Slik 634 Pro CF.
2) Added a Mini ARCA rail to rifle stock.