What gaiters does everyone prefer to use?

Usi05

WKR
Just posted my OR’s in classifieds.

Gaiters just aren’t for me! They are brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my Kuiu Scree gators. They are lite enough to not be too hot, pretty quite, and it really keeps your boots a lot drier when crossing those mountain streams that are just a little too deep.

*zap*

WKR
Just received a pair of OR Rocky Mtn low gaiters...….can definitely find a use for them when the conditions are right for that.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I have used OR Crocodile gaiters for years. I also have a pair of KUIU Yukon gaiters. Both have worked well for me. The OR gaiters have held up very well. The KUIU gaiters are quieter but I don’t know if they will last as long as the ORs.

Roughout

FNG
Don’t want to hichjack the thread but have a question after reading everyone’s responses, because I have the same question sort of..
Heading to Africa in May. Gaiters are highly recomended, I have it narrowed down to the Kenetrek camo or kuiu scree. Is there one that is quieter than the other as we will be bowhunting?

Check out Courtney leather gaiters

It’s hard for me to advise you bud. As long as I can get them to sit above my knee I will be happy with price I grabbed them for. They seem to be made pretty well.

I can put them on and send some pics or anything like that if it will help you.

I’ve been wearing gaitors for 10+ years and have never had a pair designed to ride above the knee. They cinch down above the calf muscle below your knee.

In 10 seasons I’ve worn out two pairs of Kuiu chugach gaitors and a set of the FL Bramblers. Got to say I really liked the FirstLite and will be buying another pair. Their traverse gaitors were meant for children apparently. I have skinny calves and the large could barely fit. They tore loose after the first trip anyways so not a huge loss on the sizing.

The kuius were very well made, but considering the miles and abuse a gaitor gets exposed too, I don’t hold it against them for wearing out. They’re a consumable in my book.

Mike

Backyard

WKR
Kenetreks. I like em. Mine are very quiet, except when removing them. But then if you're removing em, you're not hunting right?

Mosby

WKR
I bought a pair of Outdoor Vision gaiters to replace an old pair from Cabela's that I lost. Seem well made but I haven't used them enough to recommend. I liked the color better than the OR and didn't want camo, so I thought I would give these a try.

1557351025636.png

Jackal7

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair each of Kuiu and Kennetreks. I prefer the Kuiu because of the stretch and tightness around my legs. Keeps out water and debris better than the Kennetreks, in my opinion.

Broadhead

FNG
I'm running a pair of kennetreks that I purchased through a RMEF sale and they are worth every penny. I do not have much experience with other brands, but I can say any gaiter is better than no gaiter! For me, the added warmth during cool mornings and evenings is a huge plus.

Anozira

WKR
I have a pair of FL Bramblers and a pair of Kenetrek gaiters. The Kenetrek seem too loose/ baggy for my fit. The FL gaiters fit much better and have held up in alot of AZ's rocky and rough terrains.

Usi05

WKR
Just scooped up another pair of OR’s on a good deal. Still in great shape but are missing straps to go under boots.

Any one have a recommendation on something to use as replacement straps?

Kuiu yukon. I have used FL and liked them, just not as good as Kuiu. I ordered the Kryptek ones and was hoping for the best as I run mostly Kryptek. They where very well built and seamed indestructible, but for bow hunting they where far to loud. Would be great for rifle. I ended up with the Kuiu's and couldn't be happier, keep me dry, stay up and havn't failed yet with some major use through deserts to local mountains full of wild rose.