What Fletching glue are you all using.

Max Bond for fletchings. Goat Tuff for inserts. And regardless what the manufacturer says, I ALWAYS use a primer pen on all vanes.

Bead

FNG
Depends on what fletching I’m using. Max bond for most hybrid, medium flex fletchings. If I throw on heat veins or something I use a stiffer glue like gorilla etc.

The best Ive used (bob smith maxi cure) and the best Ive used that you can get just about anywhere (loctite professional). I havent had adhesion issues with either, but the bob smith is easier to work with and you cant rip the vanes off without pliers.

As far as glues, all of them mentioned here are solid....unless they are old. None of these glues will work if they are old. I store them in a ziploc bag in the fridge for the longest life. I write the date I opened them with a sharpie and toss them at about 3 months. If youre only fletching vanes for yourself Id buy the 1/2 oz bottles of bob smith. The 1 and 2 oz bottle might be a better deal, but unless you are fletching in a bow shop youll end up tossing half of it by the time it gets old. Pic of the 1/2 oz vs the 2 oz.

For AAE max vanes, I only use the primer pen and max bond glue. For everything else, I use bob smith or the loctite.

Attachments

• IMG_4767.jpeg
    IMG_4767.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4768.jpeg
    IMG_4768.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Byrdman

FNG
I also use the locktite gel but I use the ultra gel control. Seems to stay fresh for a long time

Bohning Fletch tite platinum. Stuff just takes longer to cure but is super strong bond once it does. I have been using it on blazers for the last decade, fletches stay where they are glued. have also used the locktite.

I have used a lot of different glues in the past but most I have never really been happy with for one reason or the other.
Most recently was using Gorilla Super Glue and it seemed to work ok but not great and leaves a crappy residue.

Today I bought some of the Flex Seal Super Glue and that stuff did not work well at all. Too thin.

Ordered some G5 Blue Glue today and some more vanes that I plan to try as im going to a full helical fletch.

What glue or adhesion do you all use
AAE max bond has worked fine for me. I don't use a primer pen but I do clean the shafts and the vanes with denatured alcohol. I've use it on quite a few different brands and styles even some feathers and it seems to work.

nphunter

WKR
My favorite glue has been the Fletch Flex Fletch-bond, but it needs to set a bit before you remove the clamp.

Been using this stiff lately.

View attachment 687174

The brush gets me in touch with my inner Bob Ross while I'm putting my personal design on arrow assembly.

I’m using this and AAE Max Bond. I’ve had good luck with the max bond, however the brush makes getting a nice thin even coat easy.

CMF

WKR
I've had trouble with the Bohning Platinum Fletch Tite previously on carbon express maxima and blazers.

Just tried some loctite gel and liquid with Storm arrows and IW hybrid vanes with not so good results.

Ordered Starbond KEG-500, Max Strength Flexible Medium Thick and Starbond Instant Set ACCELERATOR (sprayed on the shaft), and seem to be holding the IW hybrid vanes great(still need to do some shooting)

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
Like Scorpion above, I use AAE Maxbond. Been maybe three years since I had a vane come off.

Key thing: Wipe down your shaft or your wrap with alcohol before gluing on vanes. AND, use the vane prep stuff before applying glue. Ya gotta do BOTH.

Adipose

FNG
Gorilla with light blue cap for installing the vanes, then I tip and tail each vane with loctite control gel.

deer310sg

Lil-Rokslider
Been using the loctite for quite a few years. Works awesome.

Attachments

• 20240328_083124.jpg
    20240328_083124.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 5