What Fletching glue are you all using.

Luked

WKR
I have used a lot of different glues in the past but most I have never really been happy with for one reason or the other.
Most recently was using Gorilla Super Glue and it seemed to work ok but not great and leaves a crappy residue.

Today I bought some of the Flex Seal Super Glue and that stuff did not work well at all. Too thin.

Ordered some G5 Blue Glue today and some more vanes that I plan to try as im going to a full helical fletch.

What glue or adhesion do you all use

Cyanoacrylate glue (aka, "super glue") has a fairly short shelf life. After breaking the seal on the tube/bottle, I wouldn't trust it beyond a few months. Even sealed, never-been-opened CA can go bad before it ever gets used if too much time passes between manufacture and use. I learned this the hard way trying to use some old Bob Smith CA to fletch a couple dozen arrows a few years ago. The glue set up and hardened but adhesion was terrible...I could pull every single vane off with minimal effort. I've now switched to the cheap little tubes of hardware store super glue.

MattB

WKR
I like the gorilla glue gel (blue top). There is potential the residue is indicative of using too much glue.

Edit: as an example I use 3 drops each for 2”-2 1/4” vanes. Place them equidistant from one another and spread with the applicator tip.

Last edited:
My favorite glue has been the Fletch Flex Fletch-bond, but it needs to set a bit before you remove the clamp.

Been using this stiff lately.

a15c0b57-10bf-4192-8811-903b10767614.jpeg

The brush gets me in touch with my inner Bob Ross while I'm putting my personal design on arrow assembly.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
I like Bob Smith Maxi Cure. Haven't had a fletching come off since I started using it. I don't fletch often, if I do I just buy a new bottle. Like others previously stated fresh glue is key IMO

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using the yellow top gorilla glue with the brush. Has been working great. I get a fresh bottle every year because it seems to be less effective over time

I’ve tried a few gorilla glues but seems like it always gets brittle after a few months and vanes break off. I use the AAE glue and primer pen (on wraps), you need pliers to pull them off.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Gold Tip "Tip Grip" is what I've been using. I use it to glue in inserts and for fletching. Zero issues, holds great.
After opening it gets stored in the fridge in a ziploc. My current bottle is a year and a half old and still working fine.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I used Max Bond for years, but when I only fletch up arrows maybe once every several years these days, I got tired of it going bad. So I just buy a bottle of Loctite Professional Super Glue when I need it. Here's a tip if you have a lot of residue......I fill the vane base with glue and then tap it against a paper towel before putting it on. The paper towel absorbs all the extra while spreading it evenly, and leaves a nice thin layer covering the base. If done right, there isn't even any Q-tip cleanup.

Last edited:
Blue top Gorilla. Tube stays good for months after opening. I buy the smallest tubes vs a bottle. Great adhesion and dries quickly enough to not slow down the fletching process. Affordable. I’ve never lost a fletching or even had one start to peel. I do have to scrape off residue when changing out fletching but it is no big deal to do. I could probably cut back slightly on the amount of glue to improve that without losing necessary adhesion strength. When I get it right, the smallest trace of glue might seep out the edge of the fletching when compressing it. It works so well the thought to change it out doesn’t even occur to me. As far as my cleaning process, I lightly scrape residue off with a knife and then wipe the shaft with standard rubbing alcohol.

Last edited:

WoodBow

WKR
I have used loctite super glue for years. I prefer the professional one in the blue bottle. I have never had a single issue with it as long as the bottle hasn't been opened for a long time.

loctite-super-glue-234790-64_1000.jpg

Scorpion

WKR
I’ve used a few different brands, I really like AAE Max Bond. Loctite gel is great, too.

Whatever you use, throw it away and buy new more often than you think. Once you open it and expose it to air it starts to lose its adhesive properties. I have had issues with glue that was only open for a month or two.