What duck call should I get?

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
There's almost nothing you can't do with a $20 DR85. Buy 2 of them, wrap in electrical tape and go kill ducks.

UpTop

WKR
I’m going to be the minority and tell you to skip the double reed and commit to learning on a single reed. I’ve never been one for using training wheels to get started (all three of my boys learned to ride a bike by the time they were 4 without them) I’m partial to an Echo timber. I’ll also give a nod to RM calls. The owner is one of if not the best guys in the call industry and you’re getting a call that will be something you have for a lifetime and sounds great once you get it mastered. He really does make an excellent product.

Yentzen are superb calls, mines is wood but I’d like a plastic one, unfortunately I don’t have an open ended budget

NDGuy

WKR
I can get geese to react more. Here it’s more about the spinner and being on the x. I give the ducks a few quacks on the turn or if they are going away. With the geese I can call them right into the ground and convince them it’s the place to be. I really like calling at specks but that call is a whole nother animal. Still trying to get it perfected.
I will second this, if I am field hunting I rarely blow my duck call unless I am specifically setting up on ducks.

@thinhorn_AK you can't go wrong really.

Molt Gear, Zink, Tim Grounds, C&S, RNT all solid.

As for learning how to call, highly recommend Bad Grammar dvd from Molt Gear and/or Honker Talk with Shawn Stahl. Those dudes know what's up.