What do you wear while hiking in the rain?

Does anyone else here tend to hike in to their hunting spots while it is raining out in some light baselayers and then change out once actually hunting?

If not, do you just suffer in rain gear the entire way and risk sweating it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got the same question and really hoping to hear from someone with experience using the red kettle light ventile hunting jacket as I’m looking at getting one for this exact scenario. It claims to be the fix for hiking in the rain.

P Carter

WKR
what style of hunting are you referring to? Big difference between archery elk versus tree stand versus rifle mule deer. For archery elk, I’m basically moving all day, so I’ll do a lighter, more breathable rain jacket with breathable layers underneath—temp dictates how many layers underneath—to maintain a temperature gradient and stay dry(ish) that way. For late archery mule deer, which involves more sitting, I’ll hike to a spot with a heavier rain jacket and baselayer, with all zips open on rain jacket, then change into all new and dry layers when it’s time to sit, and button up the heavier rain jacket and put on a pair of rain pants as well

Neither is perfect but it works decent.