What do you think this mule deer scores?

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
First off I know nothing about scoring mule deer. Iv score some whitetails but never a mule deer. Came across this guy elk hunting at about 60 yds last year. Just curious what ppl think he would score?

Sorry for the crappy photos
IMG_2442.jpegIMG_2444.jpegIMG_2443.jpeg

Ucsdryder

WKR
The pictures of it walking away…just toss those. No better way of shooting a buck you think is 170 but is actually 145 than to shoot based off a buck walking away.

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
The pictures of it walking away…just toss those. No better way of shooting a buck you think is 170 but is actually 145 than to shoot based off a buck walking away.
The pictures of him walking away are screenshots of a videos. I was trying to find the photos at different angles.

TaperPin

WKR
When there is only a quick glance I tend to look at how deep the forks are and how wide it is in relation to his ears. A narrow rack can have the same proportions as a large rack and look bigger than it really is, especially if it’s on a small bodied or skinny deer.

Is this deer still in velvet? If so, it’s like bra size - take a cup off whatever you think it is. Lol

Last edited: