What do you run in your elk pack???

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
5MilesBack, thank you for this, that’s really helpful to hear how some more experienced guys are approaching this. The frame hanging up in thick stuff is/has been my biggest frustration with the full pack. I’m a solid foot shorter than you and a 26” frame carries weight well but is plain obnoxious for me to actually hunt with.
I’m leaning towards using a small frameless daypack this year, and if I do manage to kill something, I’ll let that experience guide my choices for packs in the future. Guess I’ll “waddle” my Avail this season and keep the frame in the truck.

Can we get this on a Rokslide hat? Flat brim of course.

That reminds me, I'm about to post my brim flattening press on the Classifieds, if anyone is interested.

brimpress.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I’m leaning towards using a small frameless daypack this year, and if I do manage to kill something, I’ll let that experience guide my choices for packs in the future. Guess I’ll “waddle” my Avail this season and keep the frame in the truck.
Every decision has tradeoffs. I prefer staying comfortable, mobile, and less irritated most of the season. And then sucking it up if I have to hike out to get my frame pack when needed. Lots of others seem to prefer to carry their hauling packs every second of every day for days on end....LOL. I like elk hunting....so I tend to make the most of every season to try and get the most days I can in the field, and try to put off shooting something as long as I can. My wife knows that come September.......I'm gone.

5MilesBack, thank you for this, that’s really helpful to hear how some more experienced guys are approaching this. The frame hanging up in thick stuff is/has been my biggest frustration with the full pack. I’m a solid foot shorter than you and a 26” frame carries weight well but is plain obnoxious for me to actually hunt with.
My favorite daypack is still the eberlestock transformer. It worked as a daypack that can haul meat so easy to carry light weight during hunt. If wanted it worked with the f1 frame after you get back to the truck rest of the load.