What do you do with your Ivory

BigLou

FNG
Mine are in a bag in a drawer somewhere but I have occasionally wondered if there was a cool idea to display them, maybe string them on a bugle tube lanyard or something else. Yall got any good ideas?

grfox92

WKR
I'm having mine turned into earrings for my wife.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Jaquomo

WKR
Ivory earrings are wonderful gifts.

Couple years ago my year old pup discovered a box of ivories inside another box and ATE them all. Approximately 70, maybe more. Chewed them up like popcorn. Never found any evidence of them in her poop.

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
Yes! They make nice grips.. have one made for my colt revolver.

Ralphie

WKR
Since maybe my 5th elk I haven’t bothered with them. And I never did anything with the ones from the first 5.

One-shot

Lil-Rokslider
Mine are in a bag in a drawer somewhere but I have occasionally wondered if there was a cool idea to display them, maybe string them on a bugle tube lanyard or something else. Yall got any good ideas?
I make my own earnings and necklace jewelry out of them. I don’t like the commercial rings etc that you see for sale or as in the pic of the inlay on the knife in response to your question. I leave the tooth whole and my husband uses a 1/16th drill bit to drill a hole in the root so I can feed an earring wire or chain for necklace through. I think this tells a better story than just the bottom end inlaid in something where most people wouldn’t know what it is or where it came from.

Rogue Bay

WKR
Mine are all sitting in a jar waiting for me to make up my mind. I’ve packed them around for years and am still adding to them. I’d like to have some jewelry made for my wife.

I have those damn things all over the place, made a hatband once with ivories and bear claws was kinda neat.. my dogs got into it a while back

bz_711

WKR
I don't even know where half of them are...I've just never been impressed by elk ivory...just look like dirty teeth to me.
Now a wooly mammoth I'd probably do something with:)

Mackey

FNG
I have a young hunting friend (Ben) that I bought Wyoming preference points for every year for 9 years as an annual college graduation gift. I told him I would buy him a point every year until he drew a tag. Last year he decided to apply for a tag in a good area and he drew. We got him hooked up with a good outfitter and I went with him as an observer and got to witness him harvest a very nice Wyoming bull. It was great!

Ben took the ivories and had them made into identical rings. One for each of us. A very special gift that’s reminds me every day of that very special elk hunt we shared.

Mackey

Attachments

• IMG_7893.jpeg
    IMG_7893.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7894.jpeg
    IMG_7894.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 31

Rogue Bay

WKR
I have a young hunting friend (Ben) that I bought Wyoming preference points for every year for 9 years as an annual college graduation gift. I told him I would buy him a point every year until he drew a tag. Last year he decided to apply for a tag in a good area and he drew. We got him hooked up with a good outfitter and I went with him as an observer and got to witness him harvest a very nice Wyoming bull. It was great!

Ben took the ivories and had them made into identical rings. One for each of us. A very special gift that’s reminds me every day of that very special elk hunt we shared.

Mackey
That’s incredibly cool! Your generosity is admirable and inspiring. I think it’s equally as admirable that he was appreciative enough to repay you with such a special gift you’ll both remember forever. My hat is off to you, sir.

Let my wife steal them
1ce4dd4e2a3fc64d189dcfbacb8197d1.jpeg

344b9251413d57b844f14c2b7e2eb976.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk