What do you do for a living? How can you help?

Main gig is i run a construction company doing floating homes and dock work around portland OR. Not super useful for most here, but I also have a private FFL/SOT business. I recently joined douglas ridge rifle club in Estacada, have tons of cans and would be happy to shoot with anyone that wants to try some of my suppressors on their rifle. Also happy to give fellow roksliders a discount on any firearms or cans if they want to buy one and are in the area 👍

Last edited:

IDVortex

WKR
Main gig is i run a construction company doing flosting homes and dock work around portland OR. Not super useful for most here, but I also have a private FFL/SOT business. I recently joined douglas ridge rifle club in Estacada, have tons of cans and would be happy to shoot with anyone that wants to try some of my suppressors on their rifle. Also happy to give fellow roksliders a discount on any firearms or cans if they want to buy one and are in the area 👍
DR is ran by a bunch of fat old douche bags that support more regulations on making everything safer and would suck a massive bone from the Feds if they came knocking asking to close the range down and give up their guns.

Sincerely, someone who use to go to it before it turned into a political nightmare and you couldn't use the ranges much due to to many activities. Never saw a RO I didn't want to throat punch.

DR is ran by a bunch of fat old douche bags that support more regulations on making everything safer and would suck a massive bone from the Feds if they came knocking asking to close the range down and give up their guns.

Sincerely, someone who use to go to it before it turned into a political nightmare and you couldn't use the ranges much due to to many activities. Never saw a RO I didn't want to throat punch.
I hear you loud and clear on that front. Im good at dealing with the old farts there, being in condtruction im well equipped with dealing with grumpy old men lol. I only joined because they have a 1000 yard range, and im tired of trying to find spots on public land around here to shoot long distance. My usual spot i could shoot to 840 is inaccessible now due to logging. The whole road to get there is closed to the public now. I signed up when I got home after wasting another day driving out there to find the road closed. I've found everyone Ive met there has been very friendly so far, but I've only been out there twice now so we'll see

IDVortex

WKR
I hear you loud and clear on that front. Im good at dealing with the old farts there, being in condtruction im well equipped with dealing with grumpy old men lol. I only joined because they have a 1000 yard range, and im tired of trying to find spots on public land around here to shoot long distance. My usual spot i could shoot to 840 is inaccessible now due to logging. The whole road to get there is closed to the public now. I signed up when I got home after wasting another day driving out there to find the road closed. I've found everyone Ive met there has been very friendly so far, but I've only been out there twice now so we'll see
Now with all my negatively. I'll say this. Most members were very much enjoyable to be around. Over all, if it wasn't so Nazi controlled I probably would've stayed a member, but now im in idaho, so not a burden anymore. Lol.

lintond

WKR
I do structural engineering work. I’m not a licensed engineer yet hopefully here next year. I do design work for buildings, mostly commercial some residential. Familiar with design of wood, concrete, and steel structures.

I am also a structural engineer. Majority of work in the PNW & California but have worked across the US. Single family homes up to large scale chip mfr facilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now with all my negatively. I'll say this. Most members were very much enjoyable to be around. Over all, if it wasn't so Nazi controlled I probably would've stayed a member, but now im in idaho, so not a burden anymore. Lol.
No worries, totally get it. I dont get into politics much but pro 2a is a hill I'll die on with anyone that brings it up to me. I know f-class john shoots at douglas ridge and there was a gold medalist thats on the lapua team when I was there thursday. Guy shooting next to me let me use his shot marker target and I had a blast. All good guys there for sure so far.. Give me coordinates to a 1000 yard spot on public that accessible around here and I'll be forever in your debt and I wont renew my membership 😆

That goes for anyone else. If you have a good public or private land shooting spot with some distance within an hour of portland hit me up, I'll come shoot with you and bring all my cans.

Shooter Mike

Lil-Rokslider
Retired from the Marine Corps after 20. Became a Firefighter/Paramedic and transitioned to Flight Parameidc. Leaving the helo community in two weeks and transitioning to 12 hour shifts on a critical care ground truck. Time to start slowing down a little, I suppose.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Small business P&C? Broker or Agent?

I have my own shop, Health/ancillary & 401k/related for small businesses mostly out of SoCal.
P&C mostly middle market size account say 50k to 1 mil in premium. I work for a large national broker, we do a lot of health ins, but I only do P&C. You write in NV, AZ and UT also? I can send you some health accounts for sure, I don't usually get involved with them in house.

RealEstate Broker, investor and developer.

Planning to grow into a consulting role for entitlements/zoning/etc where cities and counties are a pain in the butt to deal with and believe they can make up rules as they go.

I also have history running and managing psychiatric hospitals and partial hospitals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Soooo.... a politician that instead of helps it, makes it more of a issue or regulate it so tightly that it'll just get worse?

Nope. Oil and Gas, aka, the petroleum industry. I absolutely cannot stand gov't regulators.

We have a saying in the "the patch": Those who can do. Those who can't regulate [or legislate].

It never hurts to make contact with the linecrew. I get land owners coming and talking to us all the time. If you are cool and not being a dik, most crews will respect your land and try to treat it as their own. Putting a face with the land helps build relationships.
As with anything, a few bad apples sours everything. Whether it be disrespectful line crews or disrespectful land owners.
I got along with the lineman really well. I told them dude, I'm pissed, but I know you are here just doing a job. I want y'all in and out as fast as possible so you are less headache for me.

The operators for the contractors doing excavation I got along with too, mostly.
The guys watching time on their contracts, that's who I butted heads with.

It was the access coordinators who really screwed the pooch, but you know, covid.

And I'm loosing forage, during a drought from my summer grazing program that I'm now at 12 months with zero reimbursement.

If they extend without consent or ability to expand being in the contract, they need to pay up. Sue their ass!
Here's the South Carolina statute. You likely have similar.

I have investigated plenty of routes. They knew what they were doing long in advance and state legislation set it up well in advance. I'm largely along for the ride except rattling cages where I can.

I have friends in regulation, so when I get pissed, I make a few phone calls and burn up more time.

Problem is, as a state utility, they can only profit (x) amount and every bit I drive up cost real just pads their profits.

AlphaK9

FNG
I am the K9 Unit Commander for my department. I have been in law enforcement for going on 13 years now... done quite a bit in the career but K9 has been the main stint since 2014. Training dogs, weapons and tactics, and taking down drug operations has been the focus. I love hunting big antlers- but "manhunting" with K9s is what I get paid to do.

lintond

WKR
No worries, totally get it. I dont get into politics much but pro 2a is a hill I'll die on with anyone that brings it up to me. I know f-class john shoots at douglas ridge and there was a gold medalist thats on the lapua team when I was there thursday. Guy shooting next to me let me use his shot marker target and I had a blast. All good guys there for sure so far.. Give me coordinates to a 1000 yard spot on public that accessible around here and I'll be forever in your debt and I wont renew my membership

That goes for anyone else. If you have a good public or private land shooting spot with some distance within an hour of portland hit me up, I'll come shoot with you and bring all my cans.

I’ve been looking myself. So far it’s super difficult to find anything on public that has good distance. I’ve considered a Douglas Ridge membership but already a member at tri-county and have been unwilling to add another membership.