What do you do for a living? How can you help?

Legend

WKR
I work with environmental permitting in MT. If you want to open a mine or build something big that's where I come in.

But I'm also a farm/ranch owner, wildlife biologist, and have been known to build a house.

SloppyJ

WKR
I manage the engineering (civil) team for a local water utility. We handle all of the new development, backflow, construction inspection and the modeling of the system to plan for the future and troubleshoot/foresee issues. We are one of the fasest growing cities in the nation so there are new challenges daily. Whether is engineering related or straight political, I get to deal with it all.

Never imagine myself in this field but it's been extremely fun and hands on. There's a sense of service to the community that I enjoy as well. It's been pretty fulfilling to have people that are greatful for what you're doing.

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a dumbass redneck.

I farm, do farm services, and fix stuff. Usually fix stuff better than duct tape and bailing wire tho.

Oh, I shoot a bow too, but it doesn't pay the bills.

What about egress?

I have had one he'll of a headache from powerline construction. They decided to expand easement, then can use egress to access wherever they want without easement.
Yeah a lot of times the way the “blanket easement” is setup is 24/7/365 access no matter where on the property a bit of a bummer. Here in Texas we powered in rural areas by Co-Ops and they really are a part of the community and will do whatever they can to accommodate and please landowners within reason. But with the amount of people moving here and probably out west as well the unwanted construction is happening.

On your property I’d bet they have a contractor out there that couldn’t give a F about your land which is unfortunate.

You should expand into the potted meats ...

With all the dumbass rednecks on here, you'd make a killing.

source.gif
lol, no thanks. There is enough Spam and canned ham to go around.

Fire/ems. Not going to do a thing once my 48 hours are up. Sorry about your hurt toe that’s been bothering you for two weeks and 2am was your breaking point

BadDogPSD

WKR
I've worked in a few areas, industrial engineering, logistics/warehousing, transportation & operations management.

Apparently they have authority to expand easements now without consent. It's been getting pretty complicated.

My issue isn't even with them expanding, and especially not with them working. It's transmission line upgrades, they are increasing the height which apparently in places means they need to increase the easement.

I just want them to close gates, make somewhat of an effort to keep livestock in, pickup their trash, and have some respect for the property.
It never hurts to make contact with the linecrew. I get land owners coming and talking to us all the time. If you are cool and not being a dik, most crews will respect your land and try to treat it as their own. Putting a face with the land helps build relationships.
As with anything, a few bad apples sours everything. Whether it be disrespectful line crews or disrespectful land owners.

HighPing_

FNG
Paramedic, 32 years. Don't want to see me? Don't do drugs. Don't smoke. Eat relatively healthy. Exercise daily. Control your weight. Drink alcohol sparingly. You're welcome.
Do you know any other way to not deal with yall? Yall keep doing things like "requesting PD" and "requesting fire department" when Im trying to watch TV in the radio room and ignore the phones.

KenLee

WKR
Apparently they have authority to expand easements now without consent. It's been getting pretty complicated.

My issue isn't even with them expanding, and especially not with them working. It's transmission line upgrades, they are increasing the height which apparently in places means they need to increase the easement.

I just want them to close gates, make somewhat of an effort to keep livestock in, pickup their trash, and have some respect for the property.
If they extend without consent or ability to expand being in the contract, they need to pay up. Sue their ass!
Here's the South Carolina statute. You likely have similar.

Builder/GC, Residential remodel and new construction, specialty in interior and exterior finishes. Although I’ve dabbled in some commercial and ranch stuff lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDVortex

WKR
I work for the goverment, aka, I sit around and get nothing done and lean on a shovel with 8 other guys doing the same thing. Then when snow hits, I make sure miss Sally from California that has her bald summer tires on going up a hill then spins out can still get to town.

I also own my own construction business, now getting into custom sheds and porches, a addition here and there.