What Crampons work the best for you?

Jdallen

FNG
Was wondering what you guys/gals suggested for a good crampon. I have a pair of Hillsound Trail crampons but didn't have very good luck with them on my first venture in the steep terrain. I wasn't wearing good mountaineering boots which could have contributed to the fact that my ankles were rolling constantly and caused the rubber that's attached to the chains to break (Luckily Sitka gear has nice twine on the zipper handle that came in good use..LOL). I have recently purchased nice Asolo's that will accept a more rigid semi-auto crampons and wanted to know what your pro's and cons might be and which one's you might suggest. Thanks

i have little spikes that i picked up at the sportsmans show about a month ago havent had a chance to try them out but they seem like they will work they screw into your shoe and they claim that they can be removed and reinserted at will without falling out ill have to check on the name of them later i cant remember off the top of my head

B

bearguide

i use the black diamond saber tooth / they are super easy to put on and asolos /these are full on mountaineering crampons for use in ice-steep ice