What boot do I want

JohnB

WKR
Or at least should I look more into? Points if they are available from an online retailer with a good return policy so I can wear them around the house for a few days and see if they work. I live in a small town with limited options for boots.

My foot is a relatively wide forefoot with a narrow heel. I also have a high and quite rigid arch with poor ankle mobility.

Scarpa Zodiac Techs are what I've been wearing the past few years are just a touch narrow at the ball of my foot for me and have left me with some tendonitis like pain after a few days of off trail travel so I'm considering finding a last minute switch to a new boot for this hunting season.

Shoes that work for me:
La Sportiva TX4 mids
Salomon X Ultra 3s.
La Sportiva Nepal Evos used for upland hunting in the winter and glacier travel.

Wants:
Rear crampon compatibility so I can use these during spring and summer climbing season in the North Cascades of WA

Goretex and leather construction. I'm a bit flexible on this since I live in a pretty dry area but want a tough boot for rocky off trail travel

Full rubber rand

A bit less stiff than the Zodiac Techs

OP
J

JohnB

WKR
Bueller...bueller...

Anyone have recommendations for boots to check out that are wider at the forefoot than Scarpa Zodiac Techs and semi-auto crampon compatible?

AndrewMT34

Lil-Rokslider
Look into the Schnee's Granite Pro. I have no experience with that specific boot, but have a pair of Beartooths and Granite's that I love.

@Schnee's may be able to give you more info.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hello all! Our Granite Pro or Regular Granite, along with something like SheepFeet with their heel stabilizer sounds like the setup you need. Should work perfectly.
- matt

I live in the N. Cascades and rock the Schnee's Timberline.

Barefoot shoes/boots most of the year, Vivo, Earthrunners, etc. etc. Timberlines fit my bill for narrow heel/wide toebox boot.

Love em, if you're anywhere near Granite I could potentially meet up and show ya.

When I read your foot description first boot came to mind are the Scarpa's you are wearing. Might a different arch support/insole do the trick for you?

If not what about Zamberlan Wasatch?

wildcat33

WKR
The lathrop and sons elite hunter might be something you would like. They run true size and are wider than scarpa. Nicely made boot. Check the return policy before trying.

As for stiffness, anything with a heel cup that accepts semi auto crampons is going to be really stiff. Otherwise the crampons would pop off.

OP
J

JohnB

WKR
I live in the N. Cascades and rock the Schnee's Timberline.

Barefoot shoes/boots most of the year, Vivo, Earthrunners, etc. etc. Timberlines fit my bill for narrow heel/wide toebox boot.

Love em, if you're anywhere near Granite I could potentially meet up and show ya.
Thanks for the offer. I'm in the Methow so that's a bit of a drive for me.

Thanks everyone else for the ideas and thoughts. I'll poke around and see what I can find.

Thanks for the offer. I'm in the Methow so that's a bit of a drive for me.

Thanks everyone else for the ideas and thoughts. I'll poke around and see what I can find.
I will be passing thru right before deer season, DM me if interested and we can try to coordinate something.

I had Lowa GTX for 8 years now and I love them. But man, when I was in Bozeman I stopped at Schnees and tried on their Beartooth 200 g hunting boots and these are the elite boots. Incredible design and feel. Will always own Schnees boots