What choke/s should I buy?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got some great advice here about calls so now I’m here to ask about chokes.

Here’s the situation, I got a benelli super Vinci for a great deal off gunbroker. When it arrived, it was strange, it wasn’t in the plastic case it was supposed to be in, there were no chokes, no choke tool, no shims etc. it was just in a benelli box (I’m kicking myself for not saving the box to see if it was labeled for another gun).

The shotgun came with the modified choke in it. I contacted benelli to confirm it should have come with a set of chokes then contacted the seller, they ended up giving me 200.00 back to make up for the missing parts.

So now I just have a modified choke and a bit of money to buy a few more but I don’t know what to get and I don’t want to get something I’m not going to use.

The main uses for this gun are ducks and geese both over decoys and pass shooting and I’d like to be able to bust clays with it at the local trap club.

I also plan to shoot 3” #2 and #3 steel shot for most things (maybe not for trap?) so I’d need chokes that can take steel shot, I see that some of the chokes with more constriction aren’t meant for steel shot but some of the higher end stuff (must be stronger?) can take steel.

I see the benelli full choke can’t do steel but some of the nicer Briley or Carlson’s can?

Anyways I’d like to get a few nice chokes for this gun, what should I get?

Thanks.

Wheels

WKR
I like Patternmaster chokes for waterfowl, but Carlsons makes good chokes at reasonable prices. Your factory modified choke will work fine also, pattern it and see what you think.

Irish Miner

Lil-Rokslider
Thats strange (the missing parts).

The Super Vinci is a great gun, I have one. I've had good success with a Jebs improved modified ported choke for waterfowl. I've also used the superfull Jebs choke for turkey.

Any choke that accepts TSS and/or stainless will do.

I got some great advice here about calls so now I’m here to ask about chokes.

Here’s the situation, I got a benelli super Vinci for a great deal off gunbroker. When it arrived, it was strange, it wasn’t in the plastic case it was supposed to be in, there were no chokes, no choke tool, no shims etc. it was just in a benelli box (I’m kicking myself for not saving the box to see if it was labeled for another gun).

The shotgun came with the modified choke in it. I contacted benelli to confirm it should have come with a set of chokes then contacted the seller, they ended up giving me 200.00 back to make up for the missing parts.

So now I just have a modified choke and a bit of money to buy a few more but I don’t know what to get and I don’t want to get something I’m not going to use.

The main uses for this gun are ducks and geese both over decoys and pass shooting and I’d like to be able to bust clays with it at the local trap club.

I also plan to shoot 3” #2 and #3 steel shot for most things (maybe not for trap?) so I’d need chokes that can take steel shot, I see that some of the chokes with more constriction aren’t meant for steel shot but some of the higher end stuff (must be stronger?) can take steel.

I see the benelli full choke can’t do steel but some of the nicer Briley or Carlson’s can?

Anyways I’d like to get a few nice chokes for this gun, what should I get?

Thanks.
Carlson Cremators.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thats strange (the missing parts).

The Super Vinci is a great gun, I have one. I've had good success with a Jebs improved modified ported choke for waterfowl. I've also used the superfull Jebs choke for turkey.

Any choke that accepts TSS and/or stainless will do.
It is strange, the shop had no explanation for it. I’m guessing they had just had it in their shop for several years and it had just gotten mixed up and put in the wrong box or something. But yeah, no chokes, no shims, no plastic box. Just the gun and owners manual. Oh and a sticker.