What caliber?

B23

WKR
Only reason I’m stuck on 200 yards is that my club only has a 200 yard range that does bench rest and factory class shooting comps. But, I have friends at other clubs that stretch out 500 yards and then some. Which I won’t be shooting at those a lot, but I want to be able to if I can.
People are, very, successfully shooting 6 BR's or one of its variants like the 6mm Dasher in 1000yd comps. so if you plan to build something that would be the direction I would go. If you're looking to buy an off the rack factory rifle and factory ammo has any kind of importance to you I still believe the 6mm Creedmoor is your best option because it is supported by easy to find very good factory ammo. Nothing wrong with the 243 but I think the 6CM has better factory ammo and arguably a better case design.

Just went through this myself. Settled on a 6.5CM seekins ph2 with Vortex Razor HD 4.5-22X50 FFP

OP
N
People are, very, successfully shooting 6 BR's or one of its variants like the 6mm Dasher in 1000yd comps. so if you plan to build something that would be the direction I would go. If you're looking to buy an off the rack factory rifle and factory ammo has any kind of importance to you I still believe the 6mm Creedmoor is your best option because it is supported by easy to find very good factory ammo. Nothing wrong with the 243 but I think the 6CM has better factory ammo and arguably a better case design.
Definelty going to do some more research in the 6mm calibers.

NDM91920

FNG
Id say 6.5 just because of the accuracy and popularity, which gives you more options and the reliability of finding everything you need.