What caliber do you like for predator/ varmint hunting?

What caliber do you like for predators/ varmints

Votes: 33 10.8%

Votes: 176 57.7%
  • .243/6mm

Votes: 87 28.5%

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • .264/6.5mm

Votes: 29 9.5%

Votes: 29 9.5%

• Total voters
Browning Bar 243 is best for coyote if you are looking for great kill ability and minimal pelt damage. I use a Remington 100 grain Core-Loct pointed soft point bullet and it drops them instantly on a 100 yard broadside shot. To top it off, no exit wound. Kinetic force of bullet all gets absorbed inside of animal. Dont dare use this setup for fox or cats.

I'm loving my 25 creed I put together. Running 70gr. sierra blitzkings right around 3800. That quarter bore hits like a ton of bricks with minimal to no pelt damage.

Currently running 6.5 creed with 95 vmax running at 3400 FPS. Building a 6 creed and plan to shoot 70gr Nosler Ballistic tips or the 80gr ELD-VT depending how it performs.

Was running 223 gas, 243 bolt for a while. I then used 6.5 Grendel for a couple years, good performance, tough on fur. Recently the 204 has been my go to using Hornady 45gr sp. Factory doesn't load anymore so I hope to find some to reload, which i am just learning to do. Currently am focusing on 22ARC.

Was running 223 gas, 243 bolt for a while. I then used 6.5 Grendel for a couple years, good performance, tough on fur. Recently the 204 has been my go to using Hornady 45gr sp. Factory doesn't load anymore so I hope to find some to reload, which i am just learning to do. Currently am focusing on 22ARC.
I have a 22ARC barrel being made for my next AR, something to play with to see how it performs.

I never expected to be in this awkward position, but I might have just ordered a 30 cal varmint barrel. It seemed like a good idea at the time - I wasn’t even day drinking. I have a few slow twist 6br barrels and one fast twist, but really I’d rather just grab the 22-250 for most beedy-eyed critters - heck a 22 br makes more sense than what this barrel is. Well, a slow twist 30 br fell out of the sky, before the left side of the brain talked it over with the right. I have no idea what I’ll do with it. There are 4 guns I’d rather shoot prairie dogs with and 20 that are ahead of it for big game. Lol

I would be very happy with either round. If I am going to buy a new gun I would still prefer a .243 or better. I can shoot a .243/6creed cheaper and find ammo locally.

Would love to have both though.
Thats definitely fair, 6 creed seems to be catching on and ammo is starting to pop up more. Took a few years for the 6.5 to do so, but now its everywhere. On gas guns I would definitely go the ARC route, im building a 22ARC next for places that have the night caliber restrictions. My go to has always been my 6.5 but im venturing into the 6mm territory with the latest build, hopefully your state gets rid of those restrictions.

Back