What boot for flat feet?

Jd259

WKR
Didn't realize how old this thread was when I just responded, but he's a spammer that got another account banned already (akshayv from above). Just PM'd Robby and Ryan...

Yeah thought so... pretty obvious lol

I have tried a number or boots but am still looking for the "perfect" boot for my very flat feet. A lot of boot up there simply have too much arch support for my feet. I have tried a number of boots including Asolo's, Crispi's, Zamberlands and about every aftermarket insole to no avail. I am looking for an all around non-insulated mid height boot. Before I shell out a ton of money in ordering and possibly returning boot I was hoping someone here could point me in the right direction. Price is really no issue as I need a good pair of boots that I can put 10-15 pain free miles on and I am willing to pay for them. I am interested in the Lowa Tibets, Kentrek Hardscrabbles, Hanwag Alaska GTXs or any other boot that would fit the bill. For reference if you have flat feet I currently have to wear the Brooks Beast or NB 1540 motion control shoe.

Thanks for any help or insight you can give me.

Sincerely,
Matt
Hoffman

nebhunt

WKR
I have very flat feet as in absolutely no arch at all. I have tried many of the top brands out there and a pile of different insoles. The only boot that keeps me from having severe pain after a week of elk hunting is Meindl comfort fit hunters.

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of boots out there... have you swapped insoles? Most factory insoles are junk, even on expensive boots.

Insoles are really the best way to go. Spent over 900.00 last year on the lathrop and sons foot kit and their recommended boot, didn't work very well. Complete waste of money in my opinion. Tossed their Insoles and went with custom orthotics. Flat wide feet are my issue. Ended up getting planar fasciitis in both feet, took many months to get over. Might work for some but didn't for me.

I have big flat feet and i have a pair of lathrop and sons boots (the fit is good) but in my other boots i swap out a pair of sheep feet i had made, i went with the double cushion and the seem to do the trick I move them in between my colorados and wyomings