What bolt action rifle is next?

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
Need some ideas on which route I should go or what you would do in my situation just to make sure I consider all options before making my purchase. Only criteria is a budget of roughly $2,000 to build or buy the rifle. For the sake of calibers, lets say I'm open to anything, I do reload so the caliber doesn't necessarily have to be carried in every store, but have to be able to find at least brass somewhat easily without having to modify any brass or anything. Looking for a caliber to do anything medium game sized like deer (whitetails and muleys), antelope, goats, sheep, and things of that size while having the capability of reaching out to the 500 yard mark and still getting the job done. Currently looking at building something off a Tikka action with carbon barrel or possibly a Christensen Ridgeline, Nosler M48 Western, Browning X Bolt Pro, or Fierce Fury. Other options gladly appreciated, those are just the ones my local dealer had on hand for me to look at. Thanks for the feedback!

OP
CTR

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
Obviously can't shoot them all before buying so relying on the online reviews , which is why I'm looking to see if any of you guys have any first hand experience with any of them before I dump that much money into a gun.

BadDogPSD

WKR
Tikka's are normally good shooters out of the box, as are the X-Bolts. I've not heard many good things about the Nosler rifles (comparatively), no experience with Fierce, but read good things. For Christensen, I'd go with the Traverse over the Ridgeline.
How about an X-Bolt Hells Canyon Long Range? You can get the model in the McMillan Game Scout stock for around $1800. 6.5 Creed, 7mm RM, and 300 WM will all get you to 500 yards on deer size game. Factory ammo & brass are readily available.
28 Nosler will cost more for factory ammo and brass can be expensive and hard to find. Can't go wrong with the 300 WM.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I would buy a Remington Model Seven SS in 7-08. I bought one two Novembers ago and love it. I put a McMillan edge fill stock on mine, cause I've been curious about the hype of the McMillan.

So, I'd recommend a 7mm caliber.

Another favorite of mine is my Remington Model Seven SS in 7 SAUM. I'll be elk hunting with it this October. After I kill one with it, I'll be carrying my 7-08 for elk.

elkguide

WKR
I'd go with a Christensen or a Fierce in that price range but I would save a little bit more and go Cooper for my next rifle and I would have it in either .280 AI or in .300 Win Mag.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
This rifle was a bit under 2k to set up.

Attachments

• 78CE6854-A95D-4951-BE78-07CF7F9F7460.jpeg
    78CE6854-A95D-4951-BE78-07CF7F9F7460.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 50