What binoculars should I get for a first time hunter ?

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
As you’ve heard multiple times… you can get some great optics used and save a lot of money. Search some of the hunting classified ads, gunbroker and wherever you feel comfortable. just remember there are always scammers on these forums.
There are several companies that make good optics. How far you’re glassing makes a difference on clarity requirements.

Leupold wind River was my first set and they worked great for years.
Pentax DCF-Ed
Meopta
Zeiss has some older sets
Burris binos are good

You can find good deals if you’re patient and keep an eye out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair of meostar 8x42 for sale right now that I would recommend if you are looking for a primarily handheld. If your planning on taking a tripod and can handle the extra weight I’d buy the 10x50 Leica bn in the classifieds right now at $550. You will need to spend $1500+ (Used) to find something with an appreciable difference from these and even then it will be slight.

JStol5

WKR
I got some Maven C1 10 x 42 for my first glass. About $450. They’re great. I wanted to save for 15s or a spotter next, then eventually get a nice pair of 10s.

Stave

Lil-Rokslider
I can give Nikon two thumbs up. I bought their Monarch 10x42s circa 2008 for $300 I think. When I sent them in for repair in 2023 (dry rotted lens covers and broken eye cups) without a warranty card they returned them to me immaculately cleaned with new eyecups and new lens covers. For free.

I have abused these binos. They stay in my vehicle year round heat and cold. They've been on countless hunts and other adventures. Now they are good as new. I'm taking them to Arizona this winter to hunt Coues deer. Paired with a bino bandit, they are all-day viewing pleasure from a tripod, monopod, or in hand.

So, save your receipt and fill out your warranty card, but even if you don't, apparently Nikon still stands by their product. Great glass too.