What 10mm ammo for bear defense (griz)

Snookster

FNG
I do.
We are starting to see the evidence ...that stopping these bears is all about using Quality penetrating ammo; Hard cast or solid penetrators that function well in your specific gun. In fact,I think the Ammo matters more than the caliber. Sure bigger is better but fast accurate shooting trumps everything.

Plus, the mounties in the far north that have to deal with the most dangerous Polar bears are issued a 10mm.

Testing is important. Some have problems with the 220g tumbling. Some modify their G20's and have FTF problems. My stock G20 functions perfectly with 200g hard cast in both Underwood and Double Tap.

I'm going to put this here. Sig came out with their 10mm built on their 320 platform which is a darn good option for someone that prefers a smaller grip and a little better trigger than the stock Glocks.

This is a tad long, but a good honest comparison mostly on the Sig X10
Very interesting & well done Review.

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
This is what I load. Have not used on live animals so until I test it I cannot say if it’s effective..

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpeg
    IMG_0133.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 4

Wrench

WKR
With a little digging here you can find my story and pics of the bear I killed face to face with a 10mm using 200xtp's. I was supposed to have hardcast 200's in it.....but I was running some xtp to push out some lead fouling.....I never planned on shooting a bear with it that day.

The 200xtp did 16" penetration through and through the skull and then down the neck destroying a few vertebrae.

Since then I carry a .40 more as it's more manageable and obviously plenty capable.

If you decide to run full snort 200's....buy a bunch and prove reliability. Some guns don't like the slide velocity or the wide meplat on the 220.