Western Precision

CMF

WKR
I wanted to like the crosshairs, but after shooting both crosshairs and the fiber optic, the fiber is the way to go. It would be nice if they could add a second fiber similar to an archery sight for a second yardage. That is why I wanted the crosshair.
1714020676407.png

I wanted to like the crosshairs, but after shooting both crosshairs and the fiber optic, the fiber is the way to go. It would be nice if they could add a second fiber similar to an archery sight for a second yardage. That is why I wanted the crosshair.
View attachment 704103
+1. This fiber optic is perfect to reasonable ranges.

I tried the fiberoptic front sight but it covered the sight picture/target too much beyond 50 yds.. Not good enough for me when I'm capable of shooting accurately out to 100-125 yds.. I went back to the ballistic reticle insert. On the latter, I like to see Williams improve the ballistic reticle insert whereby the hash marks lighten under low light condition, darken under bright conditions. Years ago some Nikon lower magnification scopes incorporated this feature.

+1. This fiber optic is perfect to reasonable ranges.
When I say reasonable - for my eyes and rifle, that’s about 200 yards. I also use an adjustable iris peep (Merit or Gehmann).

Edit: Williams just came out with a finer .019” fiber optic insert. Just ordered mine to try. The standard one is .029”.

Last edited:

CMF

WKR
I tried the fiberoptic front sight but it covered the sight picture/target too much beyond 50 yds.. Not good enough for me when I'm capable of shooting accurately out to 100-125 yds.. I went back to the ballistic reticle insert. On the latter, I like to see Williams improve the ballistic reticle insert whereby the hash marks lighten under low light condition, darken under bright conditions. Years ago some Nikon lower magnification scopes incorporated this feature.
Me and the wife found it harder to focus the reticle and target and got better groups with the fiber. I agree, it does cover more of the target than I like.
I considered trying to drill or having someone capable of drilling out a small enough hole in the cross hair to insert an .019 fiber from an archery site. But I'm not that motivated to do since we were getting decent groups out to 150 and the wife and kids have no complaints and they're the ones hunting with it.

I think you'll reduce accuracy with the reticles at low light(or have no shot) while giving up sufficient groups with the fiber.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
When I say reasonable - for my eyes and rifle, that’s about 200 yards. I also use an adjustable iris peep (Merit or Gehmann).

Edit: Williams just came out with a finer .019” fiber optic insert. Just ordered mine to try. The standard one is .029”.
Where did you find the fiber optic insert ?

CMF

WKR
Williams’ site

I'd like to know once you recieve the sight, if the housing is actually smaller or just the fiber?

Looking at the link it looks like the housing may be the same.

I recently had an experience ordering a .010 pin to try out on my archery sight to find the housing the same size as the .019 sight and providing no real advantage since it still covered the target the same, but gathered less light.

I'd like to know once you recieve the sight, if the housing is actually smaller or just the fiber?

Looking at the link it looks like the housing may be the same.

I recently had an experience ordering a .010 pin to try out on my archery sight to find the housing the same size as the .019 sight and providing no real advantage since it still covered the target the same, but gathered less light.
The housing is plastic so I think a guy could easily modify it a little if he wanted to. I’ll let you know.

Reactions: CMF
OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Orders a .29 green and .19 red.

Have issues with red sometimes. If that's the case I'll just switch it out to a different color

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
I got both a .29 green and a 0.19 red. I can't see the red, now to find some 0.19 green or yellow fiber