Western Oklahoma Turkey Hunting Help

sobry84

FNG
A couple of buddies and I are looking to possibly head to Western Oklahoma this spring from Arkansas. Plan on hunting public but we aren't against using an outfitter or even a landowner willing to lease out some land if anyone has recommendations on a place. Also, any tips and information on the area would be much appreciated we are really hope to tag a rio this spring.

Honyock

WKR
I can't speak for further south, but we have a couple of birds on our place in Caddo County. I would call the Wildlife Department and ask them what public land to hunt. Also go to wildlifedepartment.com, there is a lot of good information on the site and info on the public land. The hunting on almost all of the decent private land is leased.

IMG_0267[451].jpgIMG_3770[453].jpgIMG_0269[452].jpg

Honyock

WKR
Got this guy this morning @ 7:35 on opening day in Oklahoma. The word from the Game Ranger I talked to this morning was that the bird count in SW Oklahoma is way down from two years ago. They changed the regs to one tom for the whole state last year. My place is in SW Oklahoma and luckily, we've got a bunch. We manage the property solely for wildlife and haven't been affected by the downturn.1681688806342.jpeg