Western NC Hunting

ethan

WKR
I mean this in all sincerity and without sarcasm…. But good luck! I’m in SE Tennessee and there are leases, but if they are any good they will be expensive! Lots of public, but it’s tough hunting

I mean this in all sincerity and without sarcasm…. But good luck! I’m in SE Tennessee and there are leases, but if they are any good they will be expensive! Lots of public, but it’s tough hunting
Yep, and with your range, you'll be more likely to find something on the Gboro side of your range. WNC has very few leases compared to central and Eastern nc

Hwcopley

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had good luck in Virginia making friends with timber management guys. They will usually handle the leases for the properties they manage

OP
rfroehlich
Yea I know it's a long shot. I do a lot of public land hunting but with my two kids coming to that age of being able to go out with their dad it's hard to do on public.

highcj5

WKR
I guess check with the usual land lease places? I live north of where you are asking but in your range? There’s a base camp piece right near my house. I see a guy parked there on weekends with NC tags. I’ve been wanting to stop to let him know where I live. Just in case he needed anything or help with something?

Go door knocking. I get lots of no but do get some yes. I'm hunting right at 800 acres in Person county from knocking on doors and being friendly with people, but it's a haul of a drive from wnc and getting harder to get down there. Currently trying to find more properties closer to home.

My boss is currently looking for a large lease for our company and willing to pay a good chunk and still hasn't found anything in a year.

Lowg08

WKR
It’s a difficult question. My dad hauled me around up and down mountains. I have hauled my son up and down mountains. This is not a place to grow a love of hunting. My dad got a lease in Georgia that had an awesome deer population. He hauled me there for a long time. It was fun we camped but the love for mountains was started when I was 4 or 5 being toted up and down the mountain. Just make it easy on them.