Western Mountaineering Bag

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
hey guys are these worth the extra coin? Last year i used a EE Revelation quilt and just didnt like it. i think a mummy style bag is better for me. looking at these WM bags trying to decide if they're worth the money. i love how light they are. they're all around 500 on Amazon. Thoughts and Reviews appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

oldgrowth

Lil-Rokslider
These are awesome bags! I have a Kodiak and I have yet to spend a cold night in it. Construction is top notch. I really like the stiffener they put at the zipper area, no more stuck zippers. It feels more roomy than my slick bag (old style) even though the slick bag looks bigger when they are side by side. Both bags are rated at 0 degrees but the WM is way warmer. The slick bag packs a little smaller and is a bit lighter, but the WM will be accompanying me from now on and the slick bag will be my backup. The only thing I have found that I don't care for is the Velcro closure at the hood. it is way small and razor sharp. The slick bag has a way better design there.

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
They are insanely good bags. Very light and extremely warm. Make sure to buy a bag with a temp rating close to what you'll be in. I have the Bristlecone in Micro Fiber and sweat like a pig if it's warmer than 20°F outside.

Charlie at Bear River Outfitters can make sure you get the right WM bag for you and he'll usually give you a discount if you ask him.
Contact Us - Welcome to Bear River Outfitters!

I have two western mountaineering bags. Would never part with them, buy one, you will never be sorry. You will also find that after you use your bag for five or six years it is still worth a ton on eBay. Great resale is another reason to justify the extra money.

Shrek

WKR
I couldn't be happier with my WM Kodiak. Another guy warning you to buy the bag rated for the temps you will be in. Western Mountaineering bag are very conservatively rated and buying a bag that is 20 or more degrees warmer like you would most lessor brands will just mean that you will have to sleep with the bag partially unzipped and end up with a cold shoulder on the unzipped side.

boom

WKR
My alpenlite is my favorite piece of gear. Zero regrets.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

OP
Jjamesdean

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
i was looking at the alpenite specifically. was wondering about it!

boom

WKR
i was looking at the alpenite specifically. was wondering about it!

It's a great bag. As i get older I could prob go 10 deg warmer. But I've never froze. I woke up in AZ once covered in frost. I was cooler than I like but not frozen. Solid bag. I got mine in Oregon on sale and tax free.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.