Western Hunt Expo ---> who is going?

work765

WKR
There’s no literature that I can find on it.
Can someone tell me what the Sheep camp is about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not here to dump on anyone in the industry who participates in the show or anyone who attends.

But here's a 12 year old thread on the SFW topic from our favorite forum in case anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane and read about who puts on the expo.

If they had their way MT/ID wouldn't have gotten wolf hunting as soon as they did and had the most solid foundation to keep hunting wolves that as a minnesotan i'm very jealous of.
First, a little history. We have a wolf season in Montana due to the Simpson-Tester rider that was approved by Congress last year. Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife tried to kill that legislation in Washington, D.C. It went so far as to issue a news release blatantly misrepresenting that the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International and the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation also opposed the Simpson-Tester rider, when in fact NRA, et al., supported the Simpson-Tester rider. About as low down and underhanded as it gets, but no surprise from the Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife.

Subsequent to the group lying about the NRA position, the NRA issued a news release that gives the best advice you can find related to anything presented by the sportsman group. I quote from that release: “Congressional offices and members of the media should exercise caution in accepting as fact, or repeating, any claims made by Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, Big Game Forever or any person claiming to represent them. Due to the blatant misrepresentation contained in the press release circulated by these two groups, any claims they make in the future should be thoroughly investigated and independently confirmed.“ The complete press release can be viewed at www.montanasportsmenalliance.com. I encourage all voters to follow the advice of the NRA and not accept anything from the Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife as fact.

Last edited:
OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I'm not here to dump on anyone in the industry who participates in the show or anyone not who attends.

But here's a 12 year old thread on the SFW topic from our favorite forum in case anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane and read about who puts on the expo.

If they had their way MT/ID wouldn't have gotten wolf hunting as soon as they did and had the most solid foundation to keep hunting wolves that as a minnesotan i'm very jealous of.
I tried to read that thread but the random name-dropping as some sort of gotcha moment had me checking out by page one.

I've heard a lot of conspiracies about this show, but nobody can ever produce anything tangible nor can those conspiracies be traced back to an originating source because of, "I heard/read from ______"

• Haha
Reactions: TVW

work765

WKR
Question regarding Sheep show prizes.
It notes on the bottom the webpage "Winners are responsible for transportation, GST (Canadian hunts), licenses, license fees and tips."
For example, if you win an 80k hunt. Is the hunter responsible for 5% taxes on that, and then 10% tip of 80k to the outfitter?
I'm just wondering if you win one of these hunts, what the actual cost is going to be for the hunter to pay.

Last edited:

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
New bags from kifaru
d00298db8a02d03c98224dc5e3427082.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The Beard @Travis Hobbs just did a pre-cap on the Expo.

I hope he wins the sheep tag so he has to do the cartwheels and get tangled in his beard

quick listen:

1708024043709.png

Ucsdryder

WKR
Already had my nachos. Be there in a bit. I’m excited to check out some new stuff, especially some new frames! Kifaru I’m looking at you. 👀