Western Hunt Expo ---> who is going?

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"
If anyone sees me at the show and asks for an ARCA SPARTAN PIC for the Rokstock I'll either punch you or give you a free hat. It might be worth the risk? 😂😂

Ken

Can you post a face pic so we know who to hunt up for the hat or smack ask?

I had intended to create a Rokslide face bingo from the folks who posted here and some of the staff/mods but got busy at work.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ll be fully incognito… no booth and didn’t register so I won’t even have a name tag or anything… I’ll probably have an SRS hat and not many people have those.

But here’s a photo if you wanna play where’s Waldo for a 50/50 chance of getting hit or getting a free hat!

I’ll be the guy with a backpack that clinks and clanks with the sound of titanium and aluminum bouncing around.

IMG_3070.jpeg
Can you post a face pic so we know who to hunt up for the hat or smack ask?

I had intended to create a Rokslide face bingo from the folks who posted here and some of the staff/mods but got busy at work.

I will be there.

Ken, at least where a name tag for fun......

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

"DADDY"
I’ll be fully incognito… no booth and didn’t register so I won’t even have a name tag or anything… I’ll probably have an SRS hat and not many people have those.

But here’s a photo if you wanna play where’s Waldo for a 50/50 chance of getting hit or getting a free hat!

I’ll be the guy with a backpack that clinks and clanks with the sound of titanium and aluminum bouncing around.

View attachment 670575
Ok, I'm getting inspired.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I'll be attending the show. Will be my first time. Lots of wandering around, chatting with customers, hiding from @Justin Crossley. I'll be in the Outdoorsmans booth helping out quite a bit also. Probably hang out in the Spartan Precision booth a bit too.

Maybe I'll finally get to meet *THE* @robby denning in person.

3 full days there seems like a LOT but I'm sure it will fly by!

Dragging my girlfriend with me considering I leave on Valentines day and her birthday is during the show!

If anyone sees me at the show and asks for an ARCA SPARTAN PIC for the Rokstock I'll either punch you or give you a free hat. It might be worth the risk? 😂😂

Ken
So you gonna figure it out before my RokStok ships or what?

sneaky

"DADDY"
It's amazing to me that so many companies in the industry and hunters who consider themselves conservationists still support this thing.

Have they ever come clean about where all the money goes?
Don't hold your breath waiting on that to happen lol

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's amazing to me that so many companies in the industry and hunters who consider themselves conservationists still support this thing.

Have they ever come clean about where all the money goes?

Enlighten me-no idea what your referring to.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'll be attending the show. Will be my first time. Lots of wandering around, chatting with customers, hiding from @Justin Crossley. I'll be in the Outdoorsmans booth helping out quite a bit also. Probably hang out in the Spartan Precision booth a bit too.

Maybe I'll finally get to meet *THE* @robby denning in person.

3 full days there seems like a LOT but I'm sure it will fly by!

Dragging my girlfriend with me considering I leave on Valentines day and her birthday is during the show!

If anyone sees me at the show and asks for an ARCA SPARTAN PIC for the Rokstock I'll either punch you or give you a free hat. It might be worth the risk?

Ken
Might be worth it to see if you can hit anything other than trees

CorbLand

WKR
Its always been a conspiracy about what SFW does with the money this event brings in.

It really grew when RMEF bid to run it, offering to give the State 100% of the proceeds, and the State changed the rules after applications were received and awarded it to SFW.

TVW

Lil-Rokslider

I don't want to drag this thread too far into the mud, but it won't take long to find lots of stuff on Google.

The quick and dirty is that SFW's accounting of where the money goes from all the tags is VERY suspect. Best case scenario seems to be that 30% goes back to conservation and the other 70% goes to lining pockets.

It really came into the forefront around 2015 or 2016 when the bid to put on the show came up and RMEF put in an offer to give 100% of proceeds back to conservation but they still let SFW have it. Something along the lines of they didn't think RMEF could keep everyones information secure or some shit but SFW who is a fricken tiny organization in relation to RMEF could?

Bottom line is, there is some shady shit going on there and the industry, influencers and attendees just keep turning a blind eye to it in the name of being in the cool kids club and having a chance to win a cool tag.

sneaky

"DADDY"
RMEF put in a bid to host the EXPO years back, with 100% of the proceeds going back to the state for conservation. They submitted their bid, SFW was allowed to look at, and they got to resubmit their bid. 30% to the state... rest for "adminstrative fees". Good ol boy network in Utah is strong. SFW tried saying that RMEF which has a membership base many times larger than theirs, was incapable of securely processing transactions at the show. Be an interesting rabbit hole to try and find out where all the kickbacks go. SFW tax returns are pretty sketchy on details. That's the Cliff Notes version. (Allegedly) of course, right?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Wonder which influencers will get tags again this year? But, the above comments all hit on the reasons behind a lot of public distrust of the orgs running the Expo.

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
Wonder which influencers will get tags again this year? But, the above comments all hit on the reasons behind a lot of public distrust of the orgs running the Expo.

100% some influencers will get tags....it's clockwork. Just like it seems to be clockwork that someone Grey Thornton is buddies with draws a tag at the Less than 1 Club Drawings.....

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did and most likely will anytime it's brought up. I'd love to hear some of the influencers or even owners of this site talk about how they still love to support it even though it's known to be shady as f#$%. Gotta be there for the bro down to stay relevant I guess.
Alright man, you made your point. I don't have a dog in this fight, see your passionate and I fell for your bait. Feel free to message the owners as you feel so strongly about it. Calling folks out here isn't the best method.

Back on topic.

• Haha
Reactions: TVW