Welcome to Rokslide

D

david long

The past several months have been very exciting around here; researching potential staff members, coordinating editorials, designing the website, etc. To say that we have been busy is a gross understatement! It has flat out been hectic!

Although the “official” launch of the site is planned for April 1, 2012, we decided to release the site early which would give us time to get all of the bugs worked out. A “beta” site if you will. With that being said, you will see several changes on the site between now and April 1. We have recently begun uploading content and will be adding new editorials and content on a regular basis. You will literally get to see the site evolve over the course of the next few weeks. So come along with us on an exciting journey.

Our goal is simple: provide a western big game hunting site that provides both entertainment and instruction in a positive atmosphere.

We hope you are as excited about Rokslide, as we are bringing it to you.

David Long

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Great to see this site up and running David! I have your books and DVDs and am a big fan! I look forward to being on this site quite a bit. Good luck!!!

Attachments

• 2015-03-01 14.19.59.jpg
    2015-03-01 14.19.59.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-03-01 14.20.38.jpg
    2015-03-01 14.20.38.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-03-01 14.20.06.jpg
    2015-03-01 14.20.06.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-03-01 14.21.10.jpg
    2015-03-01 14.21.10.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 0
OP
D

david long

Thanks man, I appreciate that! Hope to see you here quite often. We are pretty excited about this project and I really hope everyone enjoys it.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty excited to have such a group of hard-core knowledgeable guys in one spot. This truely will be a "one stop shop" for everything relating to the backcountry hunter. Better hang on this is going to be a great ride!

aggieland

WKR
I'm glad you guys/gals started this site. Now I can stop visiting the other sites over and over when i'm wanting real, current, up to date info on gear etc. This place should be a hit, i'm getting the word out to my hunting partners now so they can get joined up. congrads!

Andy Ivy

FNG
A great DIY hunting site!!

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3510.jpg
    IMG_3510.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3511.JPG
    IMG_3511.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3514.jpg
    IMG_3514.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3517.jpg
    IMG_3517.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3513.jpg
    IMG_3513.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
OP
D

david long

Thanks guys! I know we have put a lot of work into it....and yes, a lot of thought! Glad to have all you guys on board with us! Also, you guys need to get your wives using the ladies forum.....it will be a great place for women visit......hunters or not. It will be a lot easier for you to spend time on the site.....if she is on the site as well! :D

7mag.

WKR
Thanks, for putting this site together, I'm already addicted. I love the layout, and the vast amount of information available. I can only imagine how much better it will get. I'm excited to read about the hunting adventures the talented and respected staff shares with us. Starting and running a site like this has to be an enormous undertaking, and I really appreciate your efforts.

Looks like is going to be a great site guys! I found it last night and joined immediately. Your staff sets a great tone for providing quality information with a humble and welcoming tone. I look forward to interacting with the membership you'll attract.
Thanks, Elliott

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Elliott, good to have you and the site should just get better with hunters like you joining.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found it last night and joined immediately. Your staff sets a great tone for providing quality information with a humble and welcoming tone. Thanks, Elliott

Welcome aboard. Ya know well put. Its just a bunch of guys who love hunting, and in reality its a different breed. I think the old school group didnt have much interest in sharing info. As you can see this group is all about helping out the average guy, because in reality everybody here is just a regular guy that had to start somewhere. I'm also really impressed the way everyone is staying in control. Thanks everyone for joining up.

tracker

FNG
I just discovered this site this morning on another forum. After looking at if for a couple of minutes I joined and am looking forward to many enjoyable times. Being an elk fanatic I can't get enough of any discussion about them. Thanks for what looks to be a great site. tracker

OP
D

david long

I just discovered this site this morning on another forum. After looking at if for a couple of minutes I joined and am looking forward to many enjoyable times. Being an elk fanatic I can't get enough of any discussion about them. Thanks for what looks to be a great site. tracker

Welcome aboard tracker!

Soutie

FNG
Great site...just joined too and looking forward to reading the posts. What I've seen so far has been informative and a good place to get ideas.