Welcome Deer Crossing Archery

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey Roksliders. I meet Deer Crossing Archery (Josh and Bart) a few months ago. They are supplier of quality carbon arrows. From their website http://deercrossingarchery.com/

"Whether you are looking for bare shafts or finished arrows, we can help outfit you by the dozen without hurting your wallet. All of our arrows are made with the highest quality materials and components. Offered in 300, 350, 400, and 500 spines, our arrows provide the perfect balance of speed and down range kinetic energy. Guaranteed to be within +/-.006" straightness, Deer Crossing Archery’s 100% pure carbon arrows are truly at the intersection of quality and economy."

Welcome to Josh and Bart. You'll see Josh on the forums under the name TheArtRed

Take a few minutes to check out their blog for more info at http://deercrossingarchery.com/blogs/news
and welcome them to Rokslide.

TheArtRed

FNG
Good looking web site will be ordering soon what no phone number???
Not right now. If its something that can't be handled via e-mail or PMs, I am more than happy to give my number out. But I try to save the phone calls for questions either too complicated or in need of more info to answer. But I'll be checking here on Rokslide DAILY. Probably several times a day. And to get things started, I'm giving a 15% discount to ALL rokslide members for the rest of our first month here. So until January 31st, just add RS15 and get 15% off on your order.

Welcome guys.

Couple questions? do you guys have any plans to offer stiffer spine shafts in the future? I would be interested in some .250 or .200 spine options.

Where are the shafts made?

TheArtRed

FNG
Good questions. Shafts are made in China. We sent our specs to about 8 different factories in 4 different countries (including USA) and this factory NAILED it. We made some improvements to the layup (so the other factories have our old layup which is similar to a few other brands in the market) and went all out. Our spine deviation is usually .005 or less. WAY less on the target shafts.
Right now we probably won't offer a 250 or 200 spine since the market for them isn't very broad.
Were you looking at a 250 for the added GPI, or are you one of those guys who slings an 80lb bow with a 31 inch draw?
I know Bill Winke does, but that guy has a wingspan like a condor.
Welcome guys.

Couple questions? do you guys have any plans to offer stiffer spine shafts in the future? I would be interested in some .250 or .200 spine options.

Where are the shafts made?

Yeah I'm a 30 draw and I'm shooting 73lbs with a 500+ grain arrow out of a speed bow I shoot a .250 gold tip shaft currently

TheArtRed

FNG
If you shaved an inch off of your arrow to 29" you could do really well with our 300 spine. You could almost get away with a 350 at that length, but broad head tuning could be a bear. What length are your current arrows? Remember, when looking at spine charts, it is the arrow length and not the draw length that should be taken into consideration. And with drop away rests, you can really cut short. I am a 29" draw and shoot a 27" arrow.

What are the grain consistency on these arrows? I see the straightness but I missed the weight tolerances? Thnks

TheArtRed

FNG
When we weigh out our bare shafts, they are usually within 2 grains of each other (+/-1grain) but we don't make any guarantees because of inconsistencies in components, glue amounts, etc. We use to, but some guy made a stink about his arrows being 15 grains different. When he returned them we found that he had used PDP, Easton, and CX inserts. At least the vanes were all the same :)

If you buy some, and don't feel the tolerances are good enough, just let us know. We try to make things right as much as we can.

What are the grain consistency on these arrows? I see the straightness but I missed the weight tolerances? Thnks

TheArtRed

FNG
Just wanted to let y'all know that we got in a new batch of shafts. These are some of the BEST we have ever seen. Out of 600 shafts, only 11 were worse than +/-.003. If you are looking to get a great deal, make sure to order soon and use the RS15 code. I'll also run a special this evening on arrows, so check it out.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Bart, Josh,

Good to see you guys here and happy to be a part of DCA. Looking forward to lots of great arrow talk on Rokslide. Ive been shooting DCA arrows for over 1.5 years now and they are great arrows. They are consistent, fly great, shoot great, and the best thing is if you break, loose, or nail some concrete with them your not out 15$. Ive had a few hit wood on the target boards and come out unscathed.

DCA has awesome customer service. Josh is great at what he does and Bart is fantastic at Building the arrows and quality control. These guys will do what it takes to make the customer happy. Ive got some DCA Arrows with Outserts Im happy to send out to anyone on the fence who wants to try them out before you drop any $ on them. I can send you out 3 arrows then you can pass them on to the next guy. Let me know.

Bart,

If you would lay out your experience in the Archery industry. Its a great resume and I think people will see why you are so good at what you do =).

ordered dozen hunters on wed. and they were just dropped off at the door today, sat. good looking product cant wait to get out in back yard and try them out. have to put inserts in first tho. glad some people still have a good work ethic and quality product.

TheArtRed

FNG
Happy to do it. Also, I'll post some of Bart's work history on here tomorrow. The man knows archery like few others do. I forget sometimes that I work for a guy who's won a world championship MULTIPLE times. He's not just a business man. He's an archery man. And he understands the science to make a good product at a great price.
ordered dozen hunters on wed. and they were just dropped off at the door today, sat. good looking product cant wait to get out in back yard and try them out. have to put inserts in first tho. glad some people still have a good work ethic and quality product.

TheArtRed

FNG
Bart's been in the biz a LONG time. After some time as a shop owner, sales rep, and dealer of LOTS of reputable brands, he started to work for Miramar Strategic Venture (the company that use to make Gold Tip) and was the General Manager of Victory Archery. He resigned in 2010 and started his own arrow company called Harvest Time Archery. Harvest Time sold to Muddy Outdoors, which became the Bloodsport line of arrows.

After taking some time off from the business, Bart decided that he would get off the couch and do what he does best: start another arrow company. He decided that this new arrow company, Deer Crossing Archery (DCA), would have some of the best quality and prices on the planet. DCA only uses the highest quality carbon to construct the "perfect arrow" for the hunter and target shooter alike.

We use the industries best components from Bohning Nocks, PDP Inserts, and Norway Vanes to complete the "perfect arrow" that really does live at the intersection of Quality and Economy.

TheArtRed

FNG
Love my Deer Crossing arrows and can't wait for the new shafts in the next few weeks.... Great product and better specs than you would expect at that price point. Thanks
Thanks for your kind words. We love archery, and are proud to be a supporter of rokslide.