Weird stuff in the woods

MtnDunn

FNG
Ok, we all know some folks do some weird stuff in the woods, but this one has me baffled.
A buddy of mine manages a piece of property in the CO Rockys surrounded by nation forest land. Last week he called me to ask about a strange object he found in the wood, and I do not have a really good explanation for it. He found several cardboard boxes saran wrapped to trees about head high. The boxes had a slit cut in them, were camoed up to hide them, and smelled like someone soaked them in orange sented Pledge cleaner, or something like that. My buddy even got a trail cam pic of the guy walking through the woods putting them up. Is this some weird bear bait station? Let me know what y'all think this guy might be up to.

Aeast

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like honey bee swarm traps. Often scented with citrus to attract them. Probably wrapped in saran wrap to keep the boxes from getting wet. Usually they are made from wood but maybe it was a weight savings thing?

OP
MtnDunn

MtnDunn

FNG
Sounds like honey bee swarm traps. Often scented with citrus to attract them. Probably wrapped in saran wrap to keep the boxes from getting wet. Usually they are made from wood but maybe it was a weight savings thing?
Didn't even think of that. That's a good idea.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
GermanHunter96