Webbed index release

DanimalW

WKR
I’m looking to get a new index release. Mainly because my old one is just a bit too long to comfortably hook my finger around the trigger like I want to. Current one is a flip back head. Question I have is what do you do with the loose strap-attached heads? Just get used to that little dingleberry dangling around? Is there any easy way to tuck it away (no bud light jokes here)? Might be a stupid question. Just seems like it would be annoying

4rcgoat

WKR
I run a flexible strap on all releases. I have the head of the release very short to get a good finger"hook" on the trigger. Most times I can fold the strap back and tuck the head back under the writ strap,beyond that you just get used to it being there.

Jbehredt

WKR
I turn my release around to the back of my hand. I run the nylon pretty short so back there I hardly notice it. The strap is also just loose enough that I can turn it on my wrist one handed by pressing it on my thigh and dragging it.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
I do the same as both above. You'll also just get used to it and it won't be in the way.

If you're wanting this type of release to shorten the distance from wrist strap to hook, it'll be a bit less of a dangling dingleberry than you might think.

Agree with @Joe Holden. I don' really notice and it just dangles. Mine is really really short though. That said I am going to try my thumb release for hunting this year as I will just be hunting with a bow locally and most likely in a stand most of the time so will not have to worry (as much) about losing it.

OP
DanimalW

DanimalW

WKR
Agree with @Joe Holden. I don' really notice and it just dangles. Mine is really really short though. That said I am going to try my thumb release for hunting this year as I will just be hunting with a bow locally and most likely in a stand most of the time so will not have to worry (as much) about losing it.
Thought about trying a thumb release. I know I would prefer it until it gets cold. I just got a carbon bow and the thought of holding onto a cold steel release just doesn’t sound right. Granted it could be in a pocket with a hand warmer, but it would still get cold fast.

OP
DanimalW

DanimalW

WKR
I do the same as both above. You'll also just get used to it and it won't be in the way.

If you're wanting this type of release to shorten the distance from wrist strap to hook, it'll be a bit less of a dangling dingleberry than you might think.
Exactly why I’m looking at one. Thanks

tdoublev

FNG
I use a Spott Hogg Wise Guy with the rigid strap. It’s an adjustable length metal arm for the hook. You can flip it back to the underside of the wrist and it will stay there based on the friction in the pivot point. Pretty easy to flip it back down when needed.

I have only used webbed strap index styles because the post or rigid connections are too long for me. You can just ignore if it is short enough and it won't get in the way too bad. However I've had it clang on things. So to rememdy this I used velco tape. I taped on piece on the back of the release head and then one piece on the wrist buckle strap. It worked well. If I ever got sick of the velcro you just pull it off and rub the tape residue off.

Some have glued magnets to the them. One magnet on the head and the other on the release. I never wanted to do this because I didn't want a permanent mod. The velcro tape worked better for me.

I've also tucked it under the wrist strap and that works okay too. But it really only works if the release head strap is long enough. I've had mine pretty short so the head never had enough slack in the webbing to tuck fully under the wrist portion.

OP
DanimalW

DanimalW

WKR
Thanks to everybody for the feedback. Took all of 5 minutes with the new release on to realize I was just overthinking everything. Just always loved the flip back feature and thought I’d be annoyed by this. Now I realize the length of the old release was much more annoying. Tucking or spinning it is easy to do (never tried spinning it so I didn’t realize how easy that would be to do). I guess I could always steal one of the hair scrunchy things laying all over my house to hold it in place around my wrist when climbing up the slopes too.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
If you get a Stan Solex you won't even know it is there even if it is dangling. Sweet release.