Weatherby Weathermark or M70 Extreme Weather

TURNER208

FNG
Guys,

Looking at picking up a new deer rifle. I am torn between the two models listed above and was curious to hear any opinions on either that anyone might have pros or cons. The weathermark I’d be looking at 6.5 rpm as the cartridge and the model 70 270 WSM. Thanks for any input

TN2shot07

WKR
I love the 270 wsm cartridge but I ended up with a model 70 with feeding issues. I’d be tempted to try an xbolt just to avoid that potential. The rpm also intrigues me, haven’t had an opportunity to play with one of those yet. If you aren’t wild about the stock on the weatherby you might also look at the hunter model, still get the cerakote with a straight stock

OP
T

TURNER208

FNG
I actually do like the weatherby stock in the ones I’ve held and shot. Thanks for your input, is it the 270 WSM that you have feeding issues on?

bushpilot

Lil-Rokslider
A Winchester 70 EW in 300wsm was one of my favourite rifles I have ever owned. Perfect balance, a good weight (8lbs scoped and loaded) and the rifle fed flawlessly. Consistantly accurate and dependable. I would recommend it anytime.

2five7

WKR
Here's a 6 shot string from today out of my Weathermark. Top left was shot 6, I'll chalk that up to it being 94 degrees and a #1 contour barrel 😊

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_183012.jpg
    IMG_20220623_183012.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 27
I haven't weighed it since the day I got it, but the gun is 5 lbs 14 oz. Has a Razor HD LHT 3-15x42 in talley rings. So gonna be 7.25 ish scoped.
I am very intrigued. what do you have it chambered in, and what role does that rifle fill in your stable?

Almost bought a Weathermark before getting a good deal on gunbroker for a Mark V hunter, based on the two you mentioned you may want to consider a Weathermark in 270 wby. Ammo would be a little more expensive is the downside.

amassi

WKR
Weatherby all the way.

M70's are nice, but Weatherbys are nicer.
Not any more they aren't. Qualiity took a nose dive when they moved to Wyoming. Their bolts are heavily fluted now and cerakoted. They chatter like crazy and aren't slick like they once were. Sent my carbon ti back because it wouldn't feed from the magazine without gouging the brass. Both my new rifles
The only meaningful upgrades are the threaded barrels, triggers and new stock design.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk