Weatherby Weathermark or M70 Extreme Weather

amassi

WKR
I am very intrigued. what do you have it chambered in, and what role does that rifle fill in your stable?
Weathermark lt in 6.5 rpm
Leupold 1 piece mounts
Vx5hd 3-15x44
Loaded 7#14 oz

Took the plastic stock off and replaced with ag composites privateer and shaved 7 oz off so 7#7 oz
My primary hunting rifles. 127 gr monos through 150 gr lrab.
bd47c21a5857ebd34f5b6d66cbf023f3.jpg
2fb9313328b6bfb7504d8775062367e6.jpg
93bb33cccf5cc3424c056dc746945b8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a pile of older weatherby rifles down at my dads place, he’s a big weatherby fan so we always bought them up when we found them on the used racks. We have 7-8 weather marks and a bunch of spotters as well as a couple of accumark rifles. They are good guns, well built and accurate. The accumark in 240wby was an excellent pronghorn rifle.

The Portugal made m70s, in my opinion are incredibly well built and finished rifles as well.

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
If I had to choose, probably the Weatherby. It’s easier to replace a stock than a barrel… I despise Monte Carlo stocks, but my last M70 didn’t shoot worth a damn using the factory barrel. Neither have especially good aftermarket support.

If I could know, for absolute certain, that it would shoot decently (read that as less than .75 MOA for 5 shots on average, not best of), I’d purchase another M70 Supergrade Maple in a heart beat. Gorgeous gun.

OP
T

TURNER208

FNG
Not any more they aren't. Qualiity took a nose dive when they moved to Wyoming. Their bolts are heavily fluted now and cerakoted. They chatter like crazy and aren't slick like they once were. Sent my carbon ti back because it wouldn't feed from the magazine without gouging the brass. Both my new rifles
The only meaningful upgrades are the threaded barrels, triggers and new stock design.

I think the backcountry’s are quite a bit more deeply fluted on the bolt than the weathermarks

2five7

WKR
How’s the recoil without the brake on that thing?
Well, I only tried it once, and it was a bit stiff. Wouldn't be a big deal I'm the field, but on the bench it was sharper than I like. Maybe I've just gotten old...

Weathermark
I recently picked up a Weathmark with the bronze cerakote in .243win for coyote and whitetail. Love the look feel and finish of the rifle. Its my first Mark V experience and I am impressed. The 54° bolt throw is very nice and action is very smooth. Trigger is smooth and crisp as well. Can't speak for accuracy yet because I'm trying to find some decent priced ammo.
Without even shooting it yet, I'm already on the lookout for a Weathermark or accumark in .30-'06.

LightFoot

WKR
Guys,

Looking at picking up a new deer rifle. I am torn between the two models listed above and was curious to hear any opinions on either that anyone might have pros or cons. The weathermark I’d be looking at 6.5 rpm as the cartridge and the model 70 270 WSM. Thanks for any input
Buy ammo/components first... then the rifle.

Seems like it is easier to find 270 WSM components but easier to find 6.5 Wby RPM brass.

All things equal, I like the Mark V better because it has a 54° bolt through and triggertech trigger. To me that outweighs the CRF and the 3 position safety on the M70.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
I think the backcountry’s are quite a bit more deeply fluted on the bolt than the weathermarks
Nope all the bolt bodies have the same fluting.
The original weatherby bolt, non fluted, was superior to the fluted bolts. Weatherby caved to what's trending and ruined a fine feature of their rifle.

7rem

FNG
Weatherby weathermark over model 70 any day , The stocks are way more comfortable and I believe some have trigger tech triggers, short bolt through , and I get sick of people saying the model 70 is CRF action. Who cares about CRF.