Weather / conditions in your area

Continued drought in Western Iowa. It's dry as a popcorn fart and we're going to lose scores of farm ponds to winter kill this winter. Most in this area are 5' down or more, and these are old school "crotch" ponds dug out with tractors back in the day. They're rarely more than 8-10' deep, so it's going to be very tough, especially if we get thick ice and a lot of snow late.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
6 inches of snow from yesterday to today, 6 inches last Friday night also but it was weeks without a drop of moisture before that. Normal temps for December with 6 degrees last Saturday morning. Mountains west of here (SW Pueblo) have gotten some good snow so far thankfully. Went out for a walk with my buddy today who was quite happy... We're heading to NM tomorrow over Raton pass so that should be some good pictures as they were supposed to get a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_6689 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_6689 Medium.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 13
North of Butte. For you ak folks - I was told once Missoula is to Anchorage while Butte is to Fairbanks.

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
6 inches of snow from yesterday to today, 6 inches last Friday night also but it was weeks without a drop of moisture before that. Normal temps for December with 6 degrees last Saturday morning. Mountains west of here (SW Pueblo) have gotten some good snow so far thankfully. Went out for a walk with my buddy today who was quite happy... We're heading to NM tomorrow over Raton pass so that should be some good pictures as they were supposed to get a lot.
Heard Trinidad/ raton was getting dumped on today, that stretch can get slickery down there, safe travels! You near beluah? Always thought it was beautiful down there

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Denver area. Snowed twice, stuck once for a few hours. Couple days of flurries and overcast the last three days. Maybe one hard freeze otherwise it’s been 28-34 overnight and 45-55 during the day. Two days around 70° last week.

Cady Creek

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, so closer to Canada than Detroit:)
It has been unseasonably warm here. No snow on the ground and we had 51 degrees yesterday. We typically average 2-300" of snow starting in October and temps should be in the teens right now. Playing hell on the ice fishing, snowmobiling, and ski resorts!

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
I cooked a brisket in shorts and flip flops Saturday with my AC on. I think we might of got down to a low of 50 this week. I keep waiting for yall to get snow up in N. UT so I can come ski.

jmez

WKR
Pretty normal in the Black Hills. Low mid 20's night 40-50 days. We've had one measureable snow. We get most of our snow Feb-May. Have had a couple cold snaps with daytime temps in teens single digits at night.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Matt5266

WKR
Definitely crazy year here in the treasure valley in Idaho. Snowed once really and only a few inches. Melted s day or 2 later. Not much snow in the mountains. Late archery deer sucked. Really weird year.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Arizona… Lows in the low to mid 40s most nights. Warms up to around 70 degrees by lunch time. We get 7 months of perfect weather and 5 months of summer from hell. Once the kids are out of school we’ll be in Wyoming for a couple months this summer.