Waxing string around cam?

vcb

WKR
So I have always waxed the " entire" string. I waxed the string around the cams by putting my foot on the handle and pulling the bow to full draw. I then waxed the string around the cams. Somebody told me not to wax the string around the cams because it will make the serving separate? What is your opionion?

weaver

WKR
I have also heard the serving will separate...i must say it sounds like a dangerous way to wax your string:eek:

Your string material that is under the serving usually doesn't dry out as much as the exposed material. Just was the exposed areas and your good to go. Or if it makes you happy wax it all.

CaseyU

WKR
What i do is drink some beer and get brave and have my biggest friend come over and hold the bow at full draw and get to waxin
.i will only do thos once a yeae and that is if my strings are looking bad and i shoot A LOT

I use scorpion venom and if you buy the kit it comes with cam and serving lube. I've only been using it for a couple months, so I haven't noticed a difference but when I used regular wax, I never waxed my servings. I've never heard that it will cause it to seperate, either.

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
Should be no reason to wax the servings, just the exposed string. It's not going to promote separation if you do. It will build up in the cam grooves attracting debris which could eventually damage serving and in effect help cause separation. Not recommended by most. If you want to add something to the servings get the scorpion venom as mentioned above.

IAHNTR

WKR
I use to wax everything and wax built up in the grooves of the cam over time. Now I just wax the exposed string fibers, not the serving.