Waterproof Duffel

Had water get into our base camp last year and completely soaked my duffel bag with my clothes in it. I use trash bags a lot and they do work but looking for more durability, a duffel bag that’s completely waterproof or highly water resistant. Obviously the yeti panga is at the top of the list but it’s also the most expensive. Others in mind are the watershed yukon and stone glacier stol. Looking to be in the 60L size. What’s everyone using and liking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
Camofire has Sitka blems on sale cheap every so often. I got a 110L for around a hundred bucks shipped. I can’t find anything wrong with it. Defect is cosmetic

Brado16

WKR
Best bet is to use multiple dry bags inside your duffle. Used the Sitka Bag mentioned above in AK last year and stitching broke where strap attaches to bag which put a whole in bag. Also punctured whole in the bottom. Sitka warrantied the bag but would not be first choice for keeping items dry. With that being said, I am also looking for a good waterproof duffel.

TheTone

WKR
I’ve got multiple NRS dry bags. The duffle I have is roll top while my wife has a zippered one. Both have been through some crap and kept our stuff dry

JohnB

WKR
Watershed bags are the gold standard. My brother was on a Grand Canyon trip where multiple Yeti Panga bags started leaking and all Watersheds made it through just fine. That's a pretty rough environment with sand and on and off the boats daily but why not stick with the best?

Macro

Lil-Rokslider
Cabela's extreme wheeled duffel. I like it a lot. It is imported though and I don't like that but could not find one made in U.S.A,

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Watershed is the best. I think I have 4 of them now. I got another one from caribou gear which is actually pretty good but the watershed ones are better.

Nothing is perfect though, that ultimate weatherproofness means access is slow. I end up trying to get excess air out of them, then sealing that ziplock top THEN rolling them down and buckling them up dosent make for quick access.

For that reason I like a cheaper bag with a zipper for the things I’m going to want throughout the day. Like raincoat, puffy, food, stove, etc. camp gear and clothing, bull food etc go in the watershed bags where they can just sit tight until I’m stopped and camping.

prm

WKR
I use a 55L Outdoor Research dry bag with my pack. Have two, the light one weighing only 3.5oz.
Those watershed bags look nice for scenarios where weight isn’t as important.

Last edited:

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
Look at the RTIC duffel. I have two and they're awesome. Waterproof and built like tanks. They've been on sale alot this winter, too.

Watershed are good, but you need to be careful to keep hard items away from the fabric. You will end up with holes if the bag impacts something hard. They're easy to patch up, but just be aware. While not typically duffle design, NRS bags work well

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
I've used corsurf roll top duffle. It is pretty durable and seems to be waterproof. Only downside is the roll top is a little tedious to get into.

Had water get into our base camp last year and completely soaked my duffel bag with my clothes in it. I use trash bags a lot and they do work but looking for more durability, a duffel bag that’s completely waterproof or highly water resistant. Obviously the yeti panga is at the top of the list but it’s also the most expensive. Others in mind are the watershed yukon and stone glacier stol. Looking to be in the 60L size. What’s everyone using and liking?

I have a huge simms waterproof duffel, I think they make one smaller size too, that I assume is still good size, mine is a monster

I’ve bought duffels that claimed they were waterproof and I found out hard way they were not

If I were you, I’d get XL dry bags (that ya kno are waterproof) and then sticking them inside your duffels.

Prob better organization anyways if ya do it that way.

Marble

WKR
I just store my stuff in Totes. Each is labeled and I can leave them outside if needed. They also store easy in the off season and pack nicely on the way to camp.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I picked up one of the Stone Glacier STOL duffels recently, they are advertised as waterproof though i have yet to test that. Well made, and the 4000 soze fits all my ski clothes and accesory gear and fits perfectly in a carry-on luggage spot on airlines. The back straps make carrying it very easy. Have only had it for a couple months, but use it regularly for weekend trips to my place in OK, still looks brand new.