Water bottle

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
Nalgene with a Human Gear “Cap Cap”

The Cap Cap has been a bit of a game changer for me. Punches way above it’s weight in terms of price vs how much I appreciate it :)

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
GI surplus canteens. I don’t like sucking from tubes, so bladders are out, and although Gatorade and similar bottles are lighter, the round shape tends to roll on my hip belt.

mcseal2

WKR
Smartwater bottle and Vargo BOT for me. The BOT weighs the same as a 32oz Nalgene but is titanium and can boil water or be a cooking vessel. Just more versatile to me. It also seals tight and does not leak holding water in my pack. Its my back-up, I pour its water into the smartwater bottle to put in the side pocket when needed. I carry it in the main pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN2shot07

WKR
I’ve used a nalgene for years and somehow missed the capcap, may have to give that a shot

Smart water. I get them by the case at Costco so I don’t have to save them after a trip. My platypus QuickDraw filter screws right on. After drinking one I use it for the dirty water to filter into the clean one to drink out of. Other filters like the sawyers fit too

sargent

WKR
Two 1 liter seltzer water bottles. If I'm in an area where I might have to carry more water, I carry a 6 liter collapsible bladder. If it's going to be really cold, nalgene bottles.

intunegp

WKR
I used a Hydrapak Flux 1L this year and it was a nice upgrade from Nalgene for me. Handled the morning coffee just fine without burning my hands (actually made a nice handwarmer to sit and hold), and the flexibility allowed it to be more secured in the cinched-down side pockets of my pack while also being easier to reach behind and just stuff in blind without removing the pack. The more you drink the more packable it becomes as well and can be rolled down pretty tiny when completely empty.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
Nalgene with a Human Gear “Cap Cap”

The Cap Cap has been a bit of a game changer for me. Punches way above it’s weight in terms of price vs how much I appreciate it :)
I love the cap cap! no more spilling all over myself! haha

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I use a bladder, have a 3L and 6L, take one of those depending on what I'm doing. Smart water bottle if I want something to mix powder drinks in.

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
I started with the standard Nalgenes, but for a while switched to the little square Pure Leaf tea bottles, as they fit the threads on my filter that are meant for narrow mouth Nalgenes. Two of the Pure Leaf bottles hold a bit more water than a Nalgene, for about half the weight.

However I've since switched to carrying two 48oz Nalgene Cantene pouches in my pack, with a Source hydration hose kit with bottle cap adapters. I'm carrying 3L of water for about the same empty weight as a single 32oz/1L hard Nalgene. I've got all the benefits of a wide mouth (especially threading onto my filter), with most of the benefits of bladders. It's more awkward to drink from in camp than a bottle, but slightly better than most bladders.

For day hunts around home, I just carry a Nalgene Oasis GI-style canteen in a repro WWII carrier, as it's the most pleasant bottle to drink from that I own.

One thing I haven't figured out yet is a decent way to carry and drink water on my bicycle. I've gotten back into that in recent years, and it turns out I still dislike drinking from bike bottles as much as I ever used to. Carrying around water bottles wasn't common when I was a kid, so I never realized how difficult it is to unscrew a bottle lid one-handed while riding.