Washing your pack

JigStick

WKR
May be a stupid question. But how do you guys wash your pack and frames? Say you get blood on it while hauling out meat if your meat bag leaks. Or if the pack gets muddy if you fall. Just throw it in the washer? The cordura on the straps...do the shoulder straps come off the frame ?

Ruskin

WKR
I turned the bag inside out (so all the straps were inside) and just washed it without water in a front end loader washing machine.

I run a Kifaru bag with a duplex frame. After a bloody pack out, and most likely weeks before I get to my pack I take the bag and remove it from my frame, turn the bag inside out and run it threw the wash machine. The 500 Cordura is very tough and I have never had a problem with the pack bag breaking down or getting damaged in the wash machine. I then hang dry it. Hope that helps!

Walker6

FNG
I do soapy water in a plastic tub in the driveway. Agitate. Scrub if necessary. Let it sit for a while. Rinse. Hang dry.

7mag.

WKR
I run a Kifaru bag with a duplex frame. After a bloody pack out, and most likely weeks before I get to my pack I take the bag and remove it from my frame, turn the bag inside out and run it threw the wash machine. The 500 Cordura is very tough and I have never had a problem with the pack bag breaking down or getting damaged in the wash machine. I then hang dry it. Hope that helps!

This is what I do also. Works great.

Wash off blood !??? lol come one that's like covering up a cool scar or tattoo :cool: Guess I need to get one bloody before I should comment :)

frankrb3

WKR
Car wash for me

This is actually great advice. When I was still in the service I used to take all my issued gear to the DIY car wash on base and power wash my tactical nylon gear. Then I would drive to the top of one of our parking garages and lay everything out to dry.

dotman

WKR
I just hose it down and use dish soap if I don't have woolite available, if no soap just wash with creek water. I will say if blood gets in the foam of an AGC bino harness it takes awhile to get it out.

I take mine off the frame, open all compartments and shake out all debris. Then use a scent free laundry soap and warm water in a plastic bin and soap and agitate manually. Then rinse and dry. I do this at the end of the season as I want to get off sweat that has been absorbed. This reminds me I haven't done it yet.....no blood this year!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Stains dont matter to me but odor does. I usually just hose it off in the driveway and use some baking soda and a scrub brush as well. I just hang dry in the garage . Works fine .

snap

FNG
The oxyclean works great, it's amazing how much blood will come out of the pack. I also add a little dish soap then hose out real good a light brushing and air dry.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I let mine soak in the bathtub and just agitate it in dish soap. I use an old toothbrush for the hard spots.

Just make sure you do NOT run the bag through the dryer. This will ruin the waterproof lining on Kifaru packs.