Washing Hunting Clothes

i keep mine in a tote with cedar or dirt scented wafers, when its time to wash them just use dead down wind laundry detergent.

I replied earlier (post #8) about what I do.
I’m in complete agreement with those that play the wind. I don’t believe that you can fool a deers nose.
I don’t wear scentlok clothing or anything like that, but I do try to minimize my amount of scent if that is at all possible.
I think however I would be remiss if I did not add again that using regular unscented detergent may not be the best idea.
Not because of the unscented part and deer still being able to scent you, BUT because of the UV brighter.
Here is a video of some different camo.
It’s not about scent or anything, but during the demonstration there is a picture of a woman, and she has some blue trim on her binos I believe, and when given into the deers simulated vision it really pops out at you.
I would hate for anyone to get busted because of using a scent free detergent that has brighteners in it.

The All Free & Clear used to be 'approved' or whatever for US military use, but I don't think it is any longer because of the brighteners. It's kind of in my head and a problem I intend to solve before fall. I know there are UV killers you can buy.

We have two giant jugs of the All Free & Clear, to my knowledge both purchased at Costco at different times. To my frustration one has the brightener and one does not. It's as if they change the product on a whim.

Rarely wash them and never dry anything except scent lok scent block which I really do not use anymore.

Free and clear always.

Back