Washing Bloody Packs???

505Wapiti

WKR
How do you guys wash your packs after packing out after almost a week of blood soak? I have Mystery Ranch Pintler and I don’t really feel like hosing at the car wash like I’ve treated some of my previous packs. Any secrets that make the job easier?

grfox92

WKR
How do you guys wash your packs after packing out after almost a week of blood soak? I have Mystery Ranch Pintler and I don’t really feel like hosing at the car wash like I’ve treated some of my previous packs. Any secrets that make the job easier?
I did mine last night. Mine is a seek so different material, but should work the same.

I just put it in the bathtub, squirted castile soap or dish soap all over it and dunked it over and over and over in warm soapy water and watched the water turn brown. Then I scubbed it with a a nylon brush, drained the water and rinsed the hell out-of it.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

ognennyy

FNG
I've pulled my pack off the frame and soaked it in a bath tub full of hot water with Fels Naptha laundry soap overnight. Then I put I tied it in a pillow case (muffles buckle on metal noise) and ran it through a hot wash cycle with laundry soap.

It didn't do a perfect job of getting the stains out, if that's what you're after. I just wanted to disinfect and get rid of the smell. It did that, and really did reduce the appearance of the stains.

OP
505Wapiti

505Wapiti

WKR
I've pulled my pack off the frame and soaked it in a bath tub full of hot water with Fels Naptha laundry soap overnight. Then I put I tied it in a pillow case (muffles buckle on metal noise) and ran it through a hot wash cycle with laundry soap.

It didn't do a perfect job of getting the stains out, if that's what you're after. I just wanted to disinfect and get rid of the smell. It did that, and really did reduce the appearance of the stains.
Thanks, the pillow case thing made me think of putting it in a game bag (they need to be washed also) and doing the same thing to muffle the noise and not thrash the buckles. MR packs have a lot of buckles, LOL, and I didn’t want to hear them hammering the metal drum of our top loader.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For a Seek Outside , I throw in a front loader, no detergent , short cycle, hang dry.

Likely wiping them out with a sponge would get you most way there

uc3kimber

FNG
I usually soak mine in a tote with hot water and dish soap or oxi clean. Works well

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Geewhiz

WKR
I have a mystery ranch and sadly(;)) have a dirty pack in need of cleaning multiple times a year. I have a big plastic tote but that I fill with soap and water and soak it for a few hours or a day or so. Then rinse and it always comes out real nice and clean.

No reason it wouldn’t work just as well in a bath tub or cooler.

My packs hardly ever get bloody, because I line the inside of them with 5 mil 55-gallon garbage bags, and the meat and/or hide goes in that.

But, if by chance one of my packs becomes bloody, I soak them overnight in a cold stream or river and if that's not available, I hose them off as best as possible when I get back to civilization.

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
Pressure washer the chunks, blood off. Soak in oxy clean and hot water for the day. Wash in washing machine on sanitize cycle with more oxy clean.

Did this a couple weeks ago and pack is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kifaru has a load shelf, I continuously spray hydrogen peroxide over it and wipe away the heavy blood right away. It will foam when it’s on some game matter. After that I just keep applying until all matter is broken down and doesn’t foam anymore. Seems to reduce stains, the back of the pack has darkened some over time but I really don’t notice it. It doesn’t smell at all either. I’ll most likely give it a good soak and scrub eventually.

Mt Al

WKR
I take the bag off the frame, remove any foam that I can if the pockets allow, basically take everything apart. Put it in the bathtub with detergent and scrub with a soft bristle brush. Never put it in the dryer, just air dry but might have to give that a try.

manitou1

WKR
I soak mine in a cooler with dish soap or laundry soap and water and scrub the tough spots. It gets most but I still end up with blood stains.

I fill my bathtub up and by hand scrub and swoosh the water around. I usually put oxy clean in on the first wash. I would say I empty and refill with clean water, maybe 3-4 times. After it is cleaned too my satisfaction, I usually just hang dry outside.

kjw

WKR
For packs and game bags I put water in a cooler or tote and a cup or two of salt. I usually use pool salt because you can get it in bulk and it’s cheap. Swish and agitate it a couple minutes and the stains are out. Salt will also work to get a blood stain off your concrete. I’ve used it to get year old stains out of packs.