Warranty replacement decision

Looking for some feedback on what to do with my warranty replacement for a set of Sig binos that couldn't be repaired, I'm offered Zulu 8 10x42 as a direct replacement or can put the money towards something else. I already have a pair of Vortex viper 10x42, is there enough of a difference to justify going with the zulu 8's offered, or would I be better going to the Zulu 6 IS 16x42's and adding a new tool with a little extra cost? It seems like the Vortex would be comparable and no need to have 2 of the same power optics with minimal difference? And the Zulu 6 could act as a lighter option than a tripod and 15's in the pack. Admittedly I don't spend as much time behind a tripod as I should so this seems like it may get more glassing time in with less to pack around.

Central / East Oregon is primarily where they would be used and some on the coast for elk.

Appreciate all of the info shared on the forum and the rok cast, will try to get a post in the FNG section soon.

OP
O
Thinking about this from a little different direction, I have a vortex diamondback 4x12 scope on my rifle for the past several years that shoots fine for my skill out to 300yds. I don't have any complaints but maybe don't know what a little more quality scope offers.

Are any of the sig scopes in the $500 range a major step up from the vortex I have now / what would I gain? I don't want turrets so that limits the options looking at their site.

Leaning towards the Zulu6 16x42's or a better scope, just torn on the decision and don't want to waste money/trade in value.

Thanks

Weldor

WKR
Not alot of vortex fans on here usually. I would get what I would use the most. If you glass alot the 16's for sure. if you don't they will just collect dust. If you shoot more than a new scope would not hurt. What about a rangefinder Sig is pretty darn good in that dept.

SloppyJ

WKR
I've been using my 10k gen 2s for PRS for a few months and I cannot wait to get in the woods with them this year. They are going to be a huge game changer for me. If you can swing it, definitely do that.

OP
O
Thanks for all the suggestions, the Kilo 10k looks awesome but is definitely a little out of my price range at the moment while paying for the kid's braces this year. Already have a decent rangefinder so pretty much have talked myself into the zulu6 16x42's.

Presswood_936

Lil-Rokslider
I was offered the same deal and went with zulu8s , I plan to sell them though as I already bought zulu6s a couple weeks back

OP
O
Thanks again for the feedback, I've had the 16x42 zulu 6 for a little over two weeks now and feel good about the decision. I can think of several times over the past few seasons they would have been a major benefit both on the western Oregon coast and East Oregon, especiallyin high wind. Looking forward to getting them out for hunting season rifle deer in Oct and Elk in Nov. Not sure they will replace my 10x42 chest binos but may in certain terrain, and will absolutely add a tool for easy longer range glassing otherwise.

I could see my rifle group on paper at the range at 300yds which surprised me. Target mode makes a difference...