WTS WARNING - SCAMMERS!!

NCmountainhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Wanted to warn everyone that I was just contacted by an unknown person. Impersonating a fellow member and trying to get me to pay him. Screenshot of our conversation is posted. Wanted to report to a moderator, but wasn't sure how. Not sure how the POS got my phone number. Stay alert my fellow members. - NCmountainhunterIMG_5442.png

OP
NCmountainhunter

NCmountainhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Be that as it may, I had already paid Gobblinglawyer for this scope and our deal was complete. Someone then contacted me 10 minutes later posing as that member. It was a scammer, 100 percent certain of that.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Don’t ever list your number on this forum . If your number is still on the listing , I would recommend removing it.

dskav

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
yeah I've noticed a surprising amount of scam attempts here. I would also suggest everyone make sure their acct is secure!
I recently had an incident that appeared to be a scammer that had taken over a legit user's account. the account had been created like 7 years ago, had hundreds of posts, and looked legit by all means. however when I got a PM from him in response to my WTB ad that seemed too good to be true and he refused to accept payment via G&S instead of F&F, I got suspicious. did a reverse image search of the pics he sent me and found that he had copied them from another user's WTS ad a couple months earlier. that acct has since been banned. be careful out there y'all!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Everyone should use 2 step verification with thier rokslide log in.

If we all do what we can to look out for our neighbors it'll eventually come full circle and make the entire community safer.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m the Seller of the item. It was a legit transaction and the Buyer paid me via PayPal within minutes of posting that he wanted the scope. That just pisses me off that shit heads are on here mining a great forum like this to rook somebody out of $150. Just damn….

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If that’s a scammer they’ve really picked it up over the years.
Oh there’s no doubt it’s a scammer. The scope was paid for in full prior to that message being received by NCMtnHunter. I’ve never seen nor used that email address listed on the text string posted above.