WTB Warning Scammer Tactic

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I posted a message that I sent a PM on a legit ad. I did send a PM but did not give my phone number in PM or post.

Got a text from a random # saying he was contacting me about the item I messaged him about buying. Clearly a scammer.

He must have got my number by going through my old posts and I had posted my number in a classified ad.

Watch out for this tactic!

RTSJ

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got the exact same thing last week. I knew right away. He asked for more money than the OP was asking. Soon as I asked for a phone call he never responded. No clue how he got my cell number. Crazy times man!

Roy

OP
W
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They don’t even have to be members so you can’t ban them or weed them out. Don’t post your contact info anywhere public I guess!

JoeB

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Had similar thing few weeks ago they sent me an email wanting to sell me the item I had inquired about

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Those profile messages can be viewed by anyone who is logged in but not the general public. They are different from a pm, be mindful of what you post there.

Pmringer

WKR
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Maybe it’s time for the powers that be to tighten the forum security further. I’m on a few and this is by far the worst when it comes to scammers and the variety of methods they use.