Want to try Wilderness Athlete but Seriously?

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
I really want to try Wilderness Athlete hydrate and recovery, but $30 for 20 packets + $10 shipping, you have got to be kidding me! It's only 10 oz of total product!

I know you can get the 60 serving for the same price (shipping might be more?), but I just want to try this stuff out. You’d think they would offer a 5 - 10 pack trial pack and not rape you for shipping. I’m not going to spend $40 on something I am not sure of. If it works as advertised the company should be giving away trail packs.

WestDan

Lil-Rokslider
I went with the 60 serving tub and make my own packets. much more economical there. standard shipping is $6.95 for me. I just checked and the tub is on sale apparently for $26.95.

Save yourself the hassle and take my word for it. Order the 60 serving tub.

I am generally a pretty skeptical individual when it comes to trying things like this and I approached this with the same attitude and put off buying any until two weeks ago, trust me when I say it makes a difference....a big difference for me! I have been drinking a serving each morning and have noticed a very big difference in the way I feel and how "hydrated" I feel (in laymans terms when I'm sweating like a hog I don't feel drained).

The stuff really works and I gave my dad a weeks worth yesterday for him to try it out as he has some joint problems, I will post up his results when he has done the week of it. For me I have noticed a small difference in my joints since I started it.

If I was willing to share any of mine I'd send you some by mail just bc I like it that much:)

littlebuf

Banned
I found this awesome thing that really really works to keep you hydrated . You guys should try it, it's called water and it's just laying around all over in the mountains ;)

Shrek

WKR
I found this awesome thing that really really works to keep you hydrated . You guys should try it, it's called water and it's just laying around all over in the mountains ;)

This ^^^^ I also toss down a generic multivitamin to replace water solubles but that's it.

Looks like snake oil to me. Over 1000% vitamin C daily allowance? How much can your body actually process? Looks like expensive urine to me.

MatSuDano

FNG
Stuff's awesome! Makes your piss this really cool green color, almost like Prestone anti-freeze. And if you have a blacklight........

gelton

WKR
In all seriousness I can see where straight water can get old but I bring along Starbucks Via refreshers (not the coffee) which comes in strawberry, lime and now orange all in single serving sleeves. Gets its caffeine from green coffee so it provides the boost that I need when I need it. I can see where wilderness athlete could fill a spot in my bag as long as they continue to offer them in single serving packs, I just like the sugar and caffeine to be honest.

mt100gr.

WKR
I drink free water too. Seems to work just fine. If I am really sweating it out or getting chilled and staying cool or getting headaches, etc, I might use a pack or two of emergen-c to get a few vitamins and electrolytes. Mountain water usually (always) keeps me plenty hydrated.