Wall tent recommendations

Davis tent with traditional poles gets it done and easy solo set up. add a stove and ready for anything. i agree with the comments about a second door. Wish I had one but not enough to have it cut in at this point. If this one ever wears out it will be on the next one.

The traditional setup has a 3-piece ridgepole with 3 vertical supports, then 1/2" EMT poles along the sides at each grommet. You stake out the tent through each bottom grommet leaving a few inches of stake above the ground. The poles slide over the stakes, then eye bolts slide into the top of the pole through the top grommets........and then stake everything tight with ropes and tensioners tied to the eye bolts.

Do you feel like the vetical poles inside the tent cut into the useable space at all?

The traditional setup has a 3-piece ridgepole with 3 vertical supports, then 1/2" EMT poles along the sides at each grommet. You stake out the tent through each bottom grommet leaving a few inches of stake above the ground. The poles slide over the stakes, then eye bolts slide into the top of the pole through the top grommets........and then stake everything tight with ropes and tensioners tied to the eye bolts.
Thanks! Yeah I found a video of setting one up.

How many guys and gear are you comfortable with in your 14x16? It seems like it could accommodate 4 guys but would be tight - what are your thoughts?

Back