Wall tenrs

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Throughout the year I will set up my 8x10 anywhere from 5-15 times a year depending on how many tags there are and days required to fill them..this is the second stove pipe for the stove as it gets plenty of hot use! It isn't the taj mahal but it is comfortable and easy enough to set-up/take down quickly to help this old man get his beauty sleep to chase bulls :)

Last edited:
Throughout the year I will set up my 8x10 anywhere from 5-15 times a year depending on how many tags there are and days required to fill them..this is the second stove pipe for the stove as it gets plenty of hot use! It isn't the taj mahal but it is comfortable and easy enough to set-up/take down quickly to help this old man get his beauty sleep to chase bulls :)

Protien powder and Jack Daniels.....I love it.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
When your old mixing is best, but it is hydrate and recover, this way when you over indulge you stay hydrated:)

Tbuckus

WKR
Ty yall for the pics.....it really helps to see the layouts, what works, and what wont. Looks like 3 would fit fine in a 12x14 easily, but is a palace for two...LOL. Yall even have room for a dining table in there where the chairs are. The added room of the 14x16 would leave even more room for gear and food area for 3-4 guys and gear.

Also, to stay in line with the original posters questions, I was looking at stoves last night. Any recommendations? I thought the Four dog Stove company had some nice set ups. Primarily the 4 dog stove with the side shelf and 4 gallon water tank. It looks like it collapse down and everything stored inside the stove box.
Four Dog DX Steel Tent Stove--A great camp stove for cooking and heating in camp

To keep this going, if you run a wall tent, post your pics so we can check out the set ups/layouts, they are very helpful.

Not to discredit other comments, but a 12x14 for 3 people is not a palace. Variables come into play.
I have a 14x16 tent.
We can fit 3 Large cots, chairs to sit in and a cooking area + stove and it is snug. Not a palace.
Now you need to consider cot size. Some of the pics use regular size cots. The Guys I go with use use cots( 46" wide). That burns the back end and leaves minimal room in between.
Then we use a 3 burner strove in the front corner along with a cookbox that is free standing. That takes up the front corner opposite of the wood stove.
After that we use chairs in front of our cots to sit and chat. Not much room after that. Are we comfortable? Yes. Do we have a ton of room? No.
If you a minimalist, there is more room. It all depends on what you have and want.

A 12x14 is ideal for 2. Ok for 3
A 14x16 is ideal for 3. OK for 4.

We have done a huge variety of camps with our tents. I have used wall tent ranging from 9x9 up to 16x20, with a multitude of variations.
Other considerations are packability. Stove size, outside temp, etc.
I'll stop here for now and see if I can figure out how to post pics.

Tbuckus

WKR
Here is one of our camps. 4 guys, lots of gear, 10-14 day trip.
14x16 tent was the cook tent and sitting area. 16x20 was sleeping quarters.

IMG_0015.jpg
IMG_0014.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg