Wading boot recommendation

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
Simms has a Flyweight Access boot that uses a softer rubber compound in the sole than its other rubber-sole boots. It is the best-gripping rubber sole boot that I have used, but the trade-off seems to be that the soles will wear down faster than some other options. I can live with that trade-off for better traction.

webhak

FNG
Resurrecting this discussion: Are there any recommended wet wading setups that would double for fly fishing and kayaking? I'm trying not to build a shoe/boot collection, if at all possible.

I have a pair of Korkers I got last winter with felt soles. I'm a size 9.5 shoe and size 10 boot. I had to get size 11 Korkers to fit over the stockingfoot waders.

That size 11 ain't going to cut it for summer hiking to get to the river with just a "regular" neoprene sock.

I'm looking at the Astral Loyak. Looks like a great shoe to wear barefoot for paddling but also MIGHT fit with a neoprene sock for wet wading when the water's still cold but the air temp is too warm for waders.

dtrkyman

WKR
I have a pair of Korkers that survived two guiding seasons and now many seasons of just fishing, they look like they came out of a dumpster but still work, I recently glued all the shaggy looking spots with 3m 5200 so I should get a few more seasons out of them.

OP
S

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll follow up on my original post. I picked up a pair of Sims G4 boots off the classified here for a steep discount. They are pricey new, BUT, they are outstanding. The grip is incredible, the support for an 8 hour day wading is amazing, and they show no wear after about 25 days so far. Downside is the interchangeable cleat system is dogshit if you pan to swap between metal and plastic cleats. Put the metal cleats in and leave them. Get a different pair for boats.